Losing my best canine friend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love...they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart."
Author unknown

I am so Sorry for your loss

As of this morning May,12,2008, I took Raven to the vet for the last time. At about 7:45 am she very gently crossed the bridge to the place where she can run, play & be happy until her heart's content with out pain or worry, until the day we meet again.:crying: Although my heart is broken in a million pieces, I know it was the right thing to do for her. The lymph nodes under her jaw had grown from the size of a large egg to larger than the size of a softball in the matter of only 3- 4 days since her diagnosis & was beginning to block her airway. Life was no longer fun for her (& she was a dog used to having fun) & it hurt for her to eat, drink or move. This morning, she set her head in my lap, looked up at me & in her own way, told me it was time for me to let her go. All's I can say is, "Thank you, Raven, for a wonderful four years of love. I love you, my puppy."

Thank you all for your support. This has been one of the most difficult things I've ever done, but with your prayers, encouragement & the help of the good Lord, I was able to release her from her pain.

I believe they are sent to us to be example of how to love others unconditionally.

Tammy, so so sorry for your loss. I agree with your belief....and that given the circumstances, you did the only thing you could do...sometimes I think they know before we do when it's time to go....

I'm really very sorry.

Take heart knowing that you gave your friend the best life. Both of you are the better for it, but only time is going to heal your pain.

Randy

Tammy, I am so sorry. I know Raven thanks you for taking such good care of her.

~ Lilla

I just put down my best friend Rok-c 2 weeks today and as I am typing this I am starting to cry, I had her for 17 years and I swear it has been the hardest thing I have ever gone through what that means is that our dogs were/are loved intensely and that is a good thing for them and us. With all the creeps mistreating animals you should feel content and thankful she had you for her short life. It is not easy but it does get easier, love her while you can and I am sure we will both see our little buddies again.
Hang In There,
CaptainCoops

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom