***Lost Equipment... Help!***

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MISFIT DIVER

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
This might not be the right places to post this but I figure most people read these post most often
On the off chance, was anyone at Gilboa last Saturday 11/22/03, primarily over on the deep side? I was there with a couple of people all afternoon. We had good dives, packed our stuff, and came home. One of the people I was with now can not find her reg and computer. She belives she packed it, but did not find it when she got home. We were on the tables farthest to right if you were lookin at the quarry. We had rented the apartment upstairs for the day. We checked with Mike and he said it was not up there. It was a cobra computer and sherwood s600 reg. It was in a black cloth bag with a red hair clip attached to it. I know it is a long shot, but if anyone was there and seen it or picked it up by mistake, I would appreciate you letting me know about it. This girl is worried sick. I can not belive someone would have taken it with the intention of stealing it. Divers have to be above that. Any help would be appreciated.
Maybe one of the MODs can post this in what ever other area they seem might be better suited.

Thanks

I feel for you...or I should say I feel for your friend. I was in her shoes about 2 years ago. Similar thing happened to me at Ginnie Springs. My gear was never "recovered" by me.

I've since added it to my homeowner's policy.

My buddy and I never leave our gear unattended now. One of us is always with it while the other is taking care of whatever and vice versa.

Sad.

Emergency over. One of the guys that was with us picked it by mistake. Seeing that he does not do much with his equipment in a timely fashion, he did not relize he had it until this morning. My freind has found her gear and is now happy. thanks for taking the time to read this post and for the the assistance of the MODS. If they would like to delete this thread, please do. Not sure if I can do it or if they have to.

that the situation is over.

Chad

Very often divers do careless things with their equipment, can't find it, and then assume it has been purloined. Earlier this year I met two French Canadian Doctors, both wonderful ladies. One suddenly was missing her very expensive dive computer. I was able to tell her the time and place I last saw her computer strapped to a small back pack she was carrying. I became the suspect. For a whole day they would not have anything to do with me. The next afternoon they ate in a restaurant where they had previously eaten, and guess what?? Yep, they had removed the computer to review dives and left it in the restaurant. I suddenly became their "new best friend".

I guess you could say, on the other hand, that a good diver is not necessarily an honest diver.

Diver Lori- If you have your gear covered under your homeowners INS. Is it still covered when you leave your house with it? If so ...How much did this raise your homeowners? Im interested in doing this as ive heard a few horror stories of stolen or lost gear...

-Tom

Tommygun53:
Diver Lori- If you have your gear covered under your homeowners INS. Is it still covered when you leave your house with it? If so ...How much did this raise your homeowners? Im interested in doing this as ive heard a few horror stories of stolen or lost gear...

-Tom

Mine didn't go up. My agent called the underwriters to verify coverage as well. I'm covered after my deductible is used. I recently added U/W camera gear to my collection and doubled up with the DAN equipment insurance as backup just in case.

Tom,

I recently contacted my homeowner's insurance company to add my gear to my policy. It did not raise the policy. My agent also advised that I can get a rider added to the policy for about $8.00/year that will cover all replacement value. The rider is still subject to my deductible. The policy covers the equipment even if you leave your home and during traveling. However, different policies have different coverage and restrictions. I suggest you contact your company and inquire. Hope this helps.

Tommygun53:

-Tom

Back
Top Bottom