Lost my uncles mask and need help identifying who makes it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sloanhaus

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Really need help identifying this mask so I can buy my uncle a new one. He loved it and I don’t want to tell him until I replace it.

Attachments

• 8BF35A9F-72BB-4953-9B08-9308D01AA2BE.jpeg
    8BF35A9F-72BB-4953-9B08-9308D01AA2BE.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 95
I don't think you'll have luck with a new one without a time machine. I haven't seen one that looked like that since the 00's, and those were probably from the 80's. I don't know exactly what the mask is, but the bumps along the top seem distinctive. Maybe one of the vintage people will be able to ID it.

Good luck! I think an uncomfortable adult conversation is in your future!

Buy him one of these and I don't think he will complain.

... I don’t want to tell him until I replace it.
I think you should tell him, and tell him that you are willing to replace it. He might have a spare. Or he might actually prefer something else, given a reason.

And he might be one of those uncles who absolutely will NOT let his nephew/niece purchase him a replacement mask!

rx7diver

That is going to be nearly impossible. Mask designs are probably the fastest changing product in the scuba industry. New colors, shapes, gimicks yearly. The old ones are phased out in a few years.

If someone had a lot of vintage catalogs, and a lot of time to kill, they might find what it was. But even if you figure it out it is unlikely you will ever find it.

Time to take your uncle shopping. Let him pick what fits him and he likes and buy him a new mask. That's going to be the best thing you can do.

I don't think you'll have luck with a new one without a time machine.
This is true.
I still have mine [yellow], don't dive it anymore, can not , or will not get rid of it.
Too many dives with that mask.
Buy him this to replace it, [it is my replacement].
Edit: Scubapro Solo, I have the The Atomic Aquatics Frameless mask as well.
s-l1600.jpg

Don't know about high end but i found this on eBay and it looks identical except for the color. Maybe a place to start.
Screenshot_20220821-153424.png

Don't know about high end but i found this on eBay and it looks identical except for the color. Maybe a place to start.View attachment 739170
That is a cheap copy of the TUSA Tabata mask I have.
I will post a photo [when I have time].

IMG_20220822_064713.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom