Lost Wife, Saw Barracuda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parkerco

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Lost Wife, Saw Barracuda: True Stories of a Sharm El Sheikh Diving Instructor
By John Kean

Downloaded this a few weeks ago -- as far as I can tell, at least on Amazon, it's Kindle-only. If you have one though it's a pretty enjoyable read about the professional side of diving. Good stories, although the best by far is the one that gave the book it's title (which I won't spoil).

Only complaints outside of the usual spattering of Kindle typos (which normally I'd excuse but being Kindle-only seem to be a bit of poor editing) are it's more of a highlight reel of stories and as such doesn't color in a lot of what I would have found interesting -- i.e., what it's like adjusting from his prior life in England to Egypt (besides just crazy taxi drivers).

Very light fast enjoyable read. Reinforces why I never want to go pro in the dive industry and why the Red Sea/Egypt/Sharm are on my bucket list. Looking to read Mr. Keans book on the SS Thistlegorm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom