Info Low volume mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I began my scuba training relatively late in life, in 1986, as a 31-year-old graduate student, in a very physically demanding course filled with of 18- to 22-year-old undergraduates. Many of the SB Regulars who are my age now have been diving much longer than I have been, and have much more significant experience than I have had. I get to learn from the real "legends" here. For free!

rx7diver
That's almost 40 years of diving!! Even if you did start late, that's still a lot of experience. Just think of all the people that started earlier in life and then gave up because it wasn't financially sustainable. I wouldn't have been able to afford what I have any earlier in life.... hell my wife says I can't afford it now!!

I have had my Scubapro Frameless mask since 2001. I brought two of them with me from the US when I came to visit Libya then and I have been using one of them since. The other one was set aside as a spare but never needed it at all. I sold the new spare last year. The original 2001 is still used in diving and teaching in the pool since 2001 without any issues except replacing the strap a couple of years ago. Few months ago I bought the Scubapro D mask because I was intrigued with the features I had and the supposed skirt and strap. I bought it also because I get reading prescription for it from Scubapro now that I need them as I get wiser and more mature. There is no reason for me to get a new mask in place of the SP Frameless except for the prescription lenses. I now keep the 21 year old Frameless as spare and use the D mask as main.

It is worth every penny indeed. Cheap masks won't last half as long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom