Lower Back Pain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a piece of info a friend who is a personal trainer gave me. He described a phenomenon called DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) for me once when I mentioned I don't get sore until at least 24 hours after a workout. Sounds like that may be what you experienced. I know when I go tubing I lay on my stomach and it tends to put my back in an odd position. Attempting to stay on the tube while my husband pays me back for driving like a maniac when I was pulling him really works my back muscles and I get incredibly sore 24 hours or so later.
Just my .02 glad to hear you're getting better.
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
Just a piece of info a friend who is a personal trainer gave me. He described a phenomenon called DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness)
Same thing when I started working out.
I would expect to be sore the next morning, but it didn't hit me until the following day, and didn't go away for about 5 days. The length of soreness decreased as I went through the first month of training. Now I no longer get truly sore, and have stepped up the workouts to every-other day plus a 2-day break at the weekend for a better recovery. I'm still tight the next day, but not sore.

I have back pain all the time, after lugging my double pst 130's up and down about thirty steps at my local dive quarry. :D

SCUBA STEVE:
I have back pain all the time, after lugging my double pst 130's up and down about thirty steps at my local dive quarry. :D
LOL!
I get it after hauling in 400ft of anchor line.
My buddy's next boat will be 10 feet longer, and he promised me that the anchor will be full auto instead of just a winch assist.

I was looking though my old threads and came across this. I thought I would update it.

The back pain returned out of the blue several months after. It was much worse than before. I got an MRI and discovered that I had a degenerated disk. Been on and off ever since. I have been lifting weights and it has made a big difference. Now if I could get my rotator cuff to stop hurting from benching :)

"I have back pain all the time, after lugging my double pst 130's up and down about thirty steps at my local dive quarry"

I have to hand it to you quarry divers. You have a true love of the sport to engage in that type of diving. I am truly blessed to live in South Florida. Sorry to rub it in. Roll Tide!

Roll Tide indeed. Being from Utah I suggest you tell your team to be carefull rolling in the rockies :wink: Better luck next sugar bowl. A friend of mine who used to be a QB for Alabama told me they didn't blame Utah but rather a "certain coach" at Florida whom he assumes told his old asst. at Utah how to scheme to beat Alabama. Interesting theory but 28 zip in first quarter??? Ok I admitt it. Utah couldn't do it again in 3 more tries, but we sure did enjoy the one try they got. Personally I played at BYU and I hate the Utes.

farsidefan1,

I am actually a UF grad and big Gator fan. I was just being nice to the bama resident after my playful dig. The Utes have done a great job perpetuating the work started by Urban Meyer. That said, come on...the gators would have beat the Utes like a red-headed step child if they had meet in a bowl. All in good fun! Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom