LP vs HP steel tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Key Largo, Invade The Keys

Oh so funny, as with the data on the HP vs. LP tanks you are mistaken. I never was at the Invade the Keys event.

I was at Key Largo twice in my life. Once with a local LDS end of last year and once about a month ago. That is it. Neither time I dove nitrox on shallow dives.

I would appreciate if you:

1. Don't make up stuff about the tanks.

2. Don't make up stuff about me.

3. Apologize for #1 and #2.

Doh! I'll apoligize for number 2. I was confusing you with someone who has a very similar name on SB. I do apologize for that. When I looked at your profile pics, it was not who I was thinking of.

As for number 1. Nah, can't do it. Because the specs on a Faber LP95 are truly 95cu' of air at 2640, not 93.3 and the differences in weight both full and empty are significant when comparing against FABER.

Doh! I'll apoligize for number 2. I was confusing you with someone who has a very similar name on SB. I do apologize for that. When I looked at your profile pics, it was not who I was thinking of.

As for number 1. Nah, can't do it. Because the specs on a Faber LP95 are truly 95cu' of air at 2640, not 93.3 and the differences in weight both full and empty are significant when comparing against FABER.

I was very specific and posted a link to what I was referring to in original post you criticized. If you bothered to read.

http://www.indianvalleyscuba.com/se...ction/information/CYLINDER SPECIFICATIONS.pdf

Faber LP95:

Buoyancy empty: -1.2lb

X8-119: -2 lb

And math:

95/2640*3600 = 129.6 cu ft
123/3442*3600 = 128.7 cu ft

difference in 0.9 cu ft or 1.8 cu ft for two tanks.

Your facts are still wrong on it.

But what do I know I am not the one trying to make up stuff.

Us cave divers should never get to an empty faber, so using empty buoyancy is useless. Use the full bouyancy numbers.

Us cave divers should never get to an empty faber, so using empty buoyancy is useless. Use the full bouyancy numbers.

I'm shocked to read this statement from a cave diver. Your full buoyancy number doesn't last long. However, you could linger between 600 psi down to 400 psi for a while since, by then, you should be in shallower water and relaxed. Additionally, this is where your weighting matters most in many opinions because it's where you're most likely going to be hovering for extended periods. Not saying your statement doesn't work for you....just surprising to read it from a cave diver.

Ironically, having read your first post in this thread "Good god people. Do a search" I'm surprised you're even involved in it. Why would you return after that post? I could care less how many times it's posted. I see the topic in the headline. If it's not something I wish to discuss again, I don't click on it. If I click on it, I'm certainly not going to make issue with the fact it's been posted again.

You also never deal with the facts?

Faber LP95 is -10.9 negative

X8-119 is -11.3 negative

0.4 lb difference. (filled to 3600)

I'm shocked to read this statement from a cave diver. Your full buoyancy number doesn't last long. However, you could linger between 600 psi down to 400 psi for a while since, by then, you should be in shallower water and relaxed. .

In a cave dive? Not a chance. If my gas ever gets that low, I'm quitting cave diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom