Macaws????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dc4bs once bubbled...

She sings parts of some Jimmy Buffet songs too.
Now that's a cool bird...."wasted away again in Margaritaville" I need to meet this bird...

As for the theme...I think the birds are super cool. It's cold in OH...and the Birds "warm me up"...

I like the birds.

She doesn't do Margaritaville as far as I know but se does sing "Stars on the water"

Well, she eventualy made up her own word here and contracted it to just saying "Stawter...." sometimes as well.
If you knock on a table or the wall a couple times like druming, she'll say "Babalooooo..."

Apparently her first owner liked watching I Love Lucy. My buddy got her when she was a bit more than a year old. The first owners wife turned out to be alergic to the feathers/dander.

........that I dislike birds, know that I have an African Grey parrot and two cockitiels in my home right now. I also used to be partners in a breeding operation that had over $500k worth of exotic parrots. Hence I had know trouble identifing the two types of Macaws on the header.

With that said, how about some fish on the good ol' SB.

What do ya say??

SterlingDiver :eek:ut:

I don't have, want or like birds (sorry bird-lovers).

We have three cats. They love birds. Especially for breakfast, judging from the number of wild ones they bring down. See, getting them declawed (the cats I mean) didn't help.

However I do have a fishtank. It's freshwater and has 11 assorted fish in it, along with a tiny plastic diver I bought from my son. You gain a real appreciation for buoyancy and trim when trying to properly weight a tiny plastic diver with bits of aluminum picture-hanging wire. It worked though and he now drifts mid-water until he either gets knocked by the filter stream (drat down-currents) or wedged in a plastic plant (drat kelp entanglements). I had a guest name the diver 'Bob' on account of his neutrally-buoyant drifting action.

And there's a little bitty wreck in the bottom of the tank too. Got to give Bob something to do, you see.

Oh, there was a topic? :wink:

I always wondered what the deal was with the birds. If we're voting, I vote Ditch the birds in favor of something more obviously dive-related.

(edited for spelling. Someday I'll learn to type)

[
I just remembered one of her best songs.

To the tune of "Tubthumping" by Chumbawumba...

"My stock went down, (but it went up again! I hope it never goes down again!)"

She only sings the first 4 words but she does it well. Sometimes she just says "Stock down! Up down!" as well.

This was from a spoof song on a radio station (WPLJ I think) in NYC a few years ago.

I had mailed it to him as an mp3 and he played it a bunch of times so, of course, she picked it up and sings it sometimes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom