Liveaboard options for Red Sea in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all, I'm looking to book a liveaboard for July in the Red Sea - ideally I'd like to get to the northern wrecks as well as Brothers to see some pelagics and reefs. I'd also like to more generally become a better diver, whether than means taking a GUE Fundies course (it seems slightly cult-esque so I'm a bit reluctant), or starting down the path to technical diving in overhead environments. Right now I have about 170 dives in a variety of conditions (about half easy tropical dives, the other half cold water/drysuit/strong current/rough conditions) and am AOW and Rescue certified, for whatever that's worth.

Any suggestions on Red Sea liveaboards where I could push myself and do some additional formal training? I've looked into Red Sea Explorers, and they seem like potentially a really good fit, but I'm having trouble getting them to if

Hi all, I'm looking to book a liveaboard for July in the Red Sea - ideally I'd like to get to the northern wrecks as well as Brothers to see some pelagics and reefs. I'd also like to more generally become a better diver, whether than means taking a GUE Fundies course (it seems slightly cult-esque so I'm a bit reluctant), or starting down the path to technical diving in overhead environments. Right now I have about 170 dives in a variety of conditions (about half easy tropical dives, the other half cold water/drysuit/strong current/rough conditions) and am AOW and Rescue certified, for whatever that's worth.

Any suggestions on Red Sea liveaboards where I could push myself and do some additional formal training? I've looked into Red Sea Explorers, and they seem like potentially a really good fit, but I'm having trouble getting them to respond to emails.
Never take courses on a liveaboard. It's simply not meant for that. Unless you just want a plastic card

Any suggestions on Red Sea liveaboards where I could push myself and do some additional formal training? I've looked into Red Sea Explorers, and they seem like potentially a really good fit, but I'm having trouble getting them to respond to emails.
We are also heading to the Red Sea in May/June 2024. Because we will be in Hurghada we looked into liveaboards from that area. We are looking at Dive Hurghada.

We are also heading to the Red Sea in May/June 2024. Because we will be in Hurghada we looked into liveaboards from that area. We are looking at Dive Hurghada.
I can provide some suggestions for that :) My go-to dive center is in Dahab and I primarily dive the Red Sea. But there are obviously different levels of diving and so many places around the Red Sea. What kind of diving are you looking for? Fund diving? Recreational courses? Technical/rebreather? Tech courses?

My go-to dive center is in Dahab

Is there a reason to dive in Dahab other than technical diving in terms of marine life, coral, etc.?

I can answer that.

When we go, we spilt into two groups. One group is ususally doing technical dive training and the other group is doing recreational dives. Many days we dive at the same time at the same site. The difference for the recreational divers is that they can usually do another two dives in the afternoon / evening as the technical divers doing a really deep dive, do not dive again that day.

Also, some of the dives that the recreational divers can do are too difficult to enter for technical divers with full equipment.

So, the answer is yes, it is still great to dive recreationally.

I second that. Absolutly, you can do wonderful recreational diving. You will always find yourself lucky with marine life and coral diving varies from one site to another (dive as many as you can and you will end up with favourites). Dahab itself is also a very chill quiet town that you can enjoy. Most dive centers will also arrange dives in Sharm El Sheikh (they will handle the transfer), e.g. SS Thistlegorm. Just make sure you choose a good dive center, becuase there are many that are questionable in terms of gear quality, while others provide good quality gear and a serious guide. Do some research or message me I can recommend a few in Dahab, Sharm, and Hurghada. Dahab is mostly shore diving except for Abu Galum and Gabr El Bent sites and htey are arranged by the centers. Liveaboards are only in Sharm and Hurghada.
I can answer that.

When we go, we spilt into two groups. One group is ususally doing technical dive training and the other group is doing recreational dives. Many days we dive at the same time at the same site. The difference for the recreational divers is that they can usually do another two dives in the afternoon / evening as the technical divers doing a really deep dive, do not dive again that day.

Also, some of the dives that the recreational divers can do are too difficult to enter for technical divers with full equipment.

So, the answer is yes, it is still great to dive recreationally.
hat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom