Madison Blue Social

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Announcements as in changing *THE* rule, or announcements as in events going on during the party? :D

Unsure of what "the" rule is,but if it is what I think it is,I think it is more urban legend than reality.

The announcement that was pending was that all NFSA members that come will get a Madison Blue map t-shirt for free. If you join at the social this still applies,or you can always go to North Florida Springs Alliance

Hi All,

Would there be a way for a certified but fairly inexperienced cavern diver (~10 cavern dives, 6 recent) with no buddies to do any diving at this social?

Madison Blue rules state that cavern diving is permitted only with a either a certified cave diver or an instructor (no solo or cavern buddies). I would like to spend the day diving but do not want to be a drag on any cave divers wanting to go past cavern limitations (daylight zone).

I also notice that the Madison Blue is currently closed to swimming and diving due to high water, but I guess this social is still a ways off.

Thanks

Hi All,

Would there be a way for a certified but fairly inexperienced cavern diver (~10 cavern dives, 6 recent) with no buddies to do any diving at this social?

Madison Blue rules state that cavern diving is permitted only with a either a certified cave diver or an instructor (no solo or cavern buddies). I would like to spend the day diving but do not want to be a drag on any cave divers wanting to go past cavern limitations (daylight zone).

I also notice that the Madison Blue is currently closed to swimming and diving due to high water, but I guess this social is still a ways off.

Thanks

Sure,we'd be happy to take you cavern diving there.

We'll hope that Madison will be clear at that time,and you are right it is a long ways off. But,plan B is an option if Madison is blown,and we'll announce that.

Hi All,

Thanks

I'm 50/50 right now on whether I can make it there or not (work dependent). But if I'm there, I'll do a cavern dive or 2 with you.

Sounds like a plan gang... the more that show up, the more likely there will be peeps to cavern dive with. :D

I might be there. I love Madison but is there an alternate plan if the cave is still blown?

I might be there. I love Madison but is there an alternate plan if the cave is still blown?

We are working on an alternate plan for an alternate site in the event Madison is still flooded.

Jim

We are working on an alternate plan for an alternate site in the event Madison is still flooded.

Jim

Good deal Jim.. I will keep a a check on this thread for any changes in plans.

Hi all, It looks like I will be able to make it too. It will be nice to see lots of you i haven't seen in a while. Hope all clears out and for great water.

Had ?

Is there going to be a gas wagon there for fills or would we have to make that trip back for fills?

Is there going to be a gas wagon there for fills or would we have to make that trip back for fills?

We will have extra sets of doubles that will be had for the price of gas,and this will be used as a donation to the organization.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom