Madison Blue Springs closed as of Jan 21, 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That dive sounds like it was fun. I guess it makes my bad cave diving look good. Maybe after that you and Baker will dive with me again. Let me know when you are back in this area the river is going down. I might give the bone cave a shot this weekend.

That dive sounds like it was fun. I guess it makes my bad cave diving look good. Maybe after that you and Baker will dive with me again. Let me know when you are back in this area the river is going down. I might give the bone cave a shot this weekend.

LoL Eric! That wasn't bad cave diving, that was all in the name of exploration!!! :) In fact Mike is going to come down to the High Springs area this weekend and we are going to check out the caves down here. I'm all for giving Ebro Blue another go. That cave will not defeat me. I was able to get into Pot and that had equally as bad flow so I'm not sure why I couldn't get into Ebro. Definitely want to check out Bone cave.

I don't know how much prior diving experience you had with this person,but something like Rocky Horror/Courtyard area are places that before I go with someone,I have done multiple dives with them. Cave dives to Olsen and back are great for hook up with a stranger,but dives that a real team effort is needed,many dives to develop a team cohesiveness is really needed for personal survival. Besides log books and claims of experience will be exemplified in the water on simple dives.

Any piece of dive gear that you do not want to lose should be clipped to you when it is not in use during a cave dive.
Backup lights to me are the most important ones to clip. Safety reels too.

How is the visibility now? I am thinking about heading there this weekend.

We were in last week. Flow is really up but vis is really good, except at the beginning of the Crossunder Tunnel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom