Make Good Money as a Scuba Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To scuba baby and jower.
I didn't mean to forget you on my last post scuba baby but I think you would be a great candidate for my scuba re-certify seminar. I am very sorry your first instructor was so bad. This is what I have been talking about. I am glad we didn't loose you to the sport of diving. I really recommend re-certifying and taking your advanced at the same time. This will get you past that sour experience.
To Joewr. Thanks for the translations. and Really I am (what one of my 12 stepped dive masters use to say) JONESING for a dive trip.

Scuba Baby,
when you qualify I will get on that plane with a kit in my bag so fast the security guys heads will spin... :tease:

I guess I should not tell you this - but I have a plan to own (not operate - just own) a scuba resort in say the Channel islands in Honduras - my plan is to over charge CaptDave for his nice classes so all I need is a mate to drive MY dive boat...

Big T

I cannot speak to what PADI would say about my comments about my Dive Masters. The standards are quite specific. A dive Master may not deliver new information to any student. This means keep your damn mouth shut in my book. They can however elaborate something an Instructor has already taught. I do not allow this with my Dive Masters. They are there to observe and learn. After they complete this year of training they are put in the Assistant Instructor program for two years and then maybe they will become an Instructor. I currently have two assistants that I work with who are more than happy to travel to exotic places and enjoy our adventures while they are learning. IF you’re a pro, you’re a pro. Admiral Nemitz once said. When in command: COMMAND.

I was trying to be diplomatic, but it's quite obvious you are a legend in your own mind. Very, very scary. :eek:

Now I know why you're a PADI MI and not a CD.

~SubMariner~

I didn't mean to forget you on my last post scuba baby but I think you would be a great candidate for my scuba re-certify seminar. I am very sorry your first instructor was so bad. This is what I have been talking about. I am glad we didn't loose you to the sport of diving. I really recommend re-certifying and taking your advanced at the same time. This will get you past that sour experience.

Sorry, Captdave, I obviously explained myself badly. I wasnt actually talking about diving....i was talking about driving but how even if one instructor "mis-informs" you, there is always a better instructor to right the wrongs. But if the dive industry changes its ways to have your point of you, those instructors who misinform students, the students will never learn any better as they'll be turned away from everywhere else.

As for the offer of re-doing my openwater and doing my advanced at the same time, I am very very grateful for the offer, but I have a fiancee who is a Master Instructor who is currently taking me through my DiveMaster...but thank you anyway.

Captdave

When I mentioned that female divemaster may chase the fellas, I wasn't actually meaning this as such. You'd previously said that you find most divemasters cause the girls - i was merely pointing out that there are female divemasters as well.

Students will always try to drag you down to their level. You must stay above them at all times. This sometimes comes across as arrogant. It is only a defense mechanism.

We have a joke we pass around; never sleep with a student until the last night! This way they go home the next day. They are certified and it does not screw up your class.

First, I am not an instructor, but am a student, and have never tried to "drag" down my instructor...nor would I try...maybe I am understanding this wrong - could you explain further please.

As for your non-fratanisation policy, I completely agree in a business sense in the fact it could disrupt work, however I also have to fight for the fact, if you get two people mature enough, it wouldnt be a problem - cause thats how I met my fiancee, and he made a buddle of commission on me anyway...no matter what was going on - it just made me spend more money cause i trusted him!

As you well should - well, that is after you have known him for a while...
Now - when Belushi finds another student - let me know would ya...

Big T

I wouldnt let him find another student....hes all mine now!!
I know what he gets up to with his students now you see....i was/am one!!!

Originally posted by captdave
New scuba divers are like baby ducks. They imprint on the Instructor.....
(wince)LOL - I think you're quite right.

I guess that means the instructor has a great deal of moral responsibility to not pass on unbalanced information....

An ethical instructor wouldn't abuse the trust of an 'imprinted' student just for a buck? now would they? Hmmm?

:p
-bash

PS Actually, I can think of some instructors who would be working up hill to imprint their students... but on the whole I think your imprinting statement is correct for OW learners.

well abby,
I guess I was wrong when I thought you took diving lessons from a bad instructor you now say it was DRIVING LESSONS that were so bad.
You also state you trust your instructor who you began dating and have been paying commissions all along the way. WOW!

I guess your really imprinted on him after all!.

I have seen this all too often in the business. I hope this isn't the case in your relationship but I suspect as soon as you stop paying commissions the relationship will end....Food for thought! GOOD Luck.:boom:

Got to say something here. I've been putting up with your attitude through this whole thread. If I treated my customers or my employees like you do I would have have been out of business a long time ago. But you go ahead, it just makes the rest of the business people look good.

But when you start saying things about Abby, you lose whatever little respect you may have from anybody here. She's one of the most sincere and most liked people around. Anybody that thinks they can come on here and start saying things that may hurt her doesn't deserve our attention anymore. I'm done reading these arrogant, ego driven ramblings.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom