Make me an Offer sale - now untill Tuesday of next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In defense of Mark, here is an exchange that we had after they offered 300 bar manifolds for quite a bit less than what I had recently paid. I hate it when this happens but that is life. As one can see the exchange is jovial and Mark appreciated my bussiness and thanked me for it. Pretty reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared Silly
300 Bar Sea Elite manifold for only $149.95

Now you do this after I bought one in June to replace the one that got damaged on my wife doubles. And of course I did this before I knew about the 10% discount for SB members. Then there was last summer I bought bands and another manifold from ya as well. The pain, the pain ...

They are supper nice maniolds and folks were quite helpful when I bought them.

Just so I know for my next order what do I need to do to get the 10% SB discount?

Cheers,

Allen

-----------

Hi Allen,

Thanks for all the business, however breaking manifolds sucks...

Just PM me when you are ready to order and I'll give you a coupon code for the 10%, some products there isn't room, normally tanks and cameras and occasionally computers.

Best,

mark

BTW my mode of operating when buying most everything is the following: MSRP Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price. NOTE the second word, suggested. They suggest their price and I will suggest mine. If we come to an agreement then each is happy if not neither is happy. Seems fair to me.

Also sometimes it is not about getting the absolute lowest price. My wife says I am pretty scotch and she is right but you know sometimes there is more than saving a few $$. A business has to balance otheriwse they will not be there.

The problem here is that DiveMatt fails to see that retail buying/selling is a two way street. The buyer wants it for nothing, the seller wants to make big profits.

They meet in the middle by having the buyer research what he is willing to spend, and the seller recognizing what the market will support.

Matt is incorrect (IMHO, of course) in thinking that businesses should just state what their lowest price is. I mean, as a consumer I too would love that, I think we all would, it would be so easy for us. It wont happen because this is not a state-run economy. In a free market economy, businesses thrive or die on their ability to attract customers. They do this by price, by service, by selection.

What Divers-Direct is doing is smart. But as a consumer, you must detect the reasoning behind the marketing so that you dont get drawn in to bad deals. They are getting people to go to their site, generating traffic, and hoping some consumers get familiar with things enough, and have a pleasant enough experience, to come back again. That is what sales are for, nothing more, nothing less.

DiversDirect doesnt want to sell everything at the lowest price, they want to sell some things at the lowest price and other things at market price. MMDiver is smart to offer this sale as a original way to get people to the store. He is dangling the carrot in front of us like any marketer will. It is up to the consumer to decide if the carrot leads to anything good, or if it is just a scam. If he finds something good, then great, the consumer saves $, and the store gets a new customer that may come back later.

Both sides of the economy wins. It cant be done any other way.

BTW, the shoe still fits...

Dash Riprock:
The problem here is that DiveMatt fails to see that retail buying/selling is a two way street. The buyer wants it for nothing, the seller wants to make big profits.

They meet in the middle by having the buyer research what he is willing to spend, and the seller recognizing what the market will support.

Matt is incorrect (IMHO, of course) in thinking that businesses should just state what their lowest price is. I mean, as a consumer I too would love that, I think we all would, it would be so easy for us. It wont happen because this is not a state-run economy. In a free market economy, businesses thrive or die on their ability to attract customers. They do this by price, by service, by selection.

What Divers-Direct is doing is smart. But as a consumer, you must detect the reasoning behind the marketing so that you dont get drawn in to bad deals. They are getting people to go to their site, generating traffic, and hoping some consumers get familiar with things enough, and have a pleasant enough experience, to come back again. That is what sales are for, nothing more, nothing less.

DiversDirect doesnt want to sell everything at the lowest price, they want to sell some things at the lowest price and other things at market price. MMDiver is smart to offer this sale as a original way to get people to the store. He is dangling the carrot in front of us like any marketer will. It is up to the consumer to decide if the carrot leads to anything good, or if it is just a scam. If he finds something good, then great, the consumer saves $, and the store gets a new customer that may come back later.

Both sides of the economy wins. It cant be done any other way.

Thanks Dash, good explanation, except we are Divers Supply, Divers Direct is the competition:D

MMDiver:
Thanks Dash, good explanation, except we are Divers Supply, Divers Direct is the competition:D

Man, you can't catch a break!:rofl3:

If you are unsure about the "discount", trust me I got a great discount.:D

I had done my research online and browsed through my LDSs for a good price.

I got a great price from a LDS that I thought would be unbeatable, even an online dealer told me to take it.

Just to test my deal, I made Mark (MMdiver) an offer, which I thought was a low ball offer and he would :rofl3: at me.

He came back with a LOWER number than my offer. He wanted to be fair because he just accepted that number from another buyer.

Be brave and make Mark an offer, he may surprise you.

Thanks for everything Mark!

Folks, in a few minutes I'm packing it in for the day. keep the offers coming in and as I'm working Monday I'll get back to everyone that puts them in over the weekend then.

Thanks for all the great offers and business.

Have a great weekend, I hope it involves some diving!

Best,

Mark

Give it a try, made me a great deal! Not exactly what I asked (I was dreaming), but came darn close.

Dannybot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom