Make your case: Best US city for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DawgDiver:
Haha, for some reason I have a feeling this is gonna be more of a "make your case: worst US city for diving" thread.

Columbus, OH...

You'd be amazed at how many "worst of" contests that we manage at least a bronze medal in.

Well, maybe you wouldn't be that amazed... :(

worst might be Abilene, we might have to wait for Jimbo to write us.

poooor Jimbo.

"worst US city for diving"

St. Louis MO

"Most Dangerous City" (well it's a load of crud, but anyway)

The only diving is pool diving (or bathtub diving), in order to do any open water diving you have to drive at least 2 hours away. Yet, oddly enough, there is at least 3 or 4 different dive companies running more than 5 shops around town. :popcorn:

West Palm Beach/Jupiter? Year-round, warm, good reefs good wrecks, short boat rides, good operators and local divers to give advice.

Admission: I've only dived the Gulf (Fla, FGB), the WPB area, and Mass/RI in New England a little.

rottielover:
"worst US city for diving"

St. Louis MO

"Most Dangerous City" (well it's a load of crud, but anyway)

I thought that was "East St. Louis"

Honestly I think Ft. Lauderdale probably is one of the best cities in the US for diving. Reason being it's a short drive to great diving in the keys, and also local to Miami int'l airport, making any Caribbean destination an affordable flight away.

But i'm sure Honolulu probably takes the cake. Problem is, cost of living is WAY to high for most of us to ever consider.

catherine96821:
SoCal is not a city, ken.

Once again, you show wisdom beyond your years, Cat.

SoCal is not a city. Although it has borders (don't make me bust out the geography lesson again...)

SoCal is not a city. Although is has people living in it.

SoCal is the best dive destination. To simply relegate it to cityhood and put it into the same category as Irvine or Monterey or Honolulu would insulting to SoCal.

I retract my first post. SoCal is so much more than a mere city.

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom