Make your case: Best US city for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
worst might be Abilene, we might have to wait for Jimbo to write us.

poooor Jimbo.

Hello??? 350 miles to the nearest ocean (well, gulf). That's still 100 miles closer than our closest. And, I hear the sun shines there occasionally.

Really, no contest.

yea, but ya'll don't have Jimbo moping around.

Ken, I might be able to eek out 2nd place for ya...I love Socal. Too many perverts though for raising diver kidlets.

St Louis beat out Detroit and Richmond? wow, the new knife and gun club?

Kihei/Wailea Maui. At least 4 diveops leave from the boat ramp to go out to Molokini, Lanai and the South Maui coast and there's over a dozen excellent known shoredive sites within 5 miles...At times it's some of the best viz I've ever experienced - and I include Bonaire and Grand Cayman on that list.

And the weather...and water temperatures..sigh...

I might've said Honolulu except for all the traffic and tourists...

US city - oh good... hate to tell you guys how great it really is down here

less people that know... the better it is for us :D

Los Angeles. For those who can handle the water temperature, Los Angeles offers great diversity in diving. Lots of dive boats. Excellent critter diversity in the channel islands. Kelp forests. Sea Lions. Oil rigs. Market squid spawns in the winter. You can drive to Orange County for the best California beach diving. Or head to Wreck Alley in San Diego. For a long weekend, you can go to Monterey for great cold water diving.

When you are ready for warmer water, Los Angeles has easier air connections to Central America and the South Pacific than any other airport in the US.

robbcayman:
Like the title states :popcorn:

On the mainland, San Diego, great shore diving, good living. wreck alley, boat diving on the Channel Islands, Mexico and baja diving not far.

catherine96821:
yea, but ya'll don't have Jimbo moping around.

Ken, I might be able to eek out 2nd place for ya...I love Socal. Too many perverts though for raising diver kidlets.

Oh, well, yea... there's that.

Most perverts I know avoid the water. Present company excluded. So, if you're going to be raising kidlets(?) in SoCal, probably best to get them diving.

Luraville, Florida. Though might be a stretch calling it a city.

You guys are all wrong.

Seattle . . . The most spectacular views from a dive site. 50 or more shore diving sites within a couple of hours drive. Multiple boat charters (but you don't have to). Tons of dive shops, including tech oriented ones. Spectacular destination diving resorts close enough for weekend trips.

And the best coffee . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom