Making "snoopy loops"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d^2b

Worse diving through photography
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have quantity of 0.2" supposedly marine-grade bungee, and some 0.1" cord (the latter is polyester, rather then nylon cave line, but seems ok for e.g. attaching bolt-snaps). I want to make some hold-down loops for a 2" webbing harness for e.g. my inflator. I'm not sure whether to just make the bungee loops small and rely on that to keeps things from moving around, or do something fancier. Also, what do people use to close loops of this thick-ish bungee? I'm thinking fisherman's knots, but am open to voices of experience.

P.S. I couldn't decide on the right sub-forum, I'm not really a technical diver, although this gear is kindof wannabe-technical.

0.2 inch (@5mm) bungee is quite thick for the appication you are discussing. If thinner is not available then I recommmend stopping at your local bike shop and asking for a popped mt bike inner tube a d cuttkng sections to your desired width. You can put extras on your harness and they live there unobtrusively until needed.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom