Mako: What Do You Think About This...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being an advocate for the protection of sharks, it disgusts me to no end to read more of this type of thoughtless killing! It's even more sad to see such "old" sharks being destroyed. After my whale shark expedition with the Shark Research Institute, things are worse out there than anyone can imagine. Shark populations in some species are near extinction! Global warming will come from the destruction of the oceans not the ozone layer. Hopefully we all will wake up soon! Oh, and just for some more information, the catch and release shark fishing competitions usually results in the death of the shark within weeks. The stress that the shark is put under during the catch causes so much damage and toxicity that most sharks do not recover. If you did not know, most species of sharks are not mature to reproduce until they are 15-25yrs old depending on the species. At this point, the shark is losing! Just some food for thought!

Happy diving and protecting my sharks!
Carolyn:sharks:

Back
Top Bottom