Trip Report Malapascua: Evolution & Sea Explorers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the review. We're booked to go there in a few days. Kind of disappointed with the review on Ocean Vida/Sea Explorer, but hoping for the best. 🤞

Thanks for the review. We're booked to go there in a few days. Kind of disappointed with the review on Ocean Vida/Sea Explorer, but hoping for the best. 🤞
I'm also hoping, I'll be using Sea Explorer/Vida as well 5/10-17. If you are there before that any info/pointers would be appreciated.

You'll be fine there. I think they just messed up a bit because of the busy Easter week. Just be very clear with them what you want from your dives

@SaltwaterNomad
Arrived Ocean Vida yesterday. Pickup transfer was seamless. On arrival, they take you to the dive center directly to register, unpack and leave your gears, and receive the 1st briefing. I understand now how divers of different levels could be grouped together. The diver gets to chose which site he/she wants to dive and place their names on the board. You make the choice. Ratio of dive guide to diver is 1:4. Hope that answers some of your questions.

After the briefing, you get taken to the resort behind to register. The place is fully booked currently. Food serving is plenty with various choices. Restaurant opens at 0730. Wish they open at 0630. 1st dive leaves at 0830, unless you are going to the shoals. That’s early and you pack breakfast to go.

Be mindful that there are fees to be paid at some of the dive localities in cash. An ATM is available on site. I believe the charge is 290 per withdrawal. I forgot the exact amount. Max withdrawal/day is 10,000 php.

Gotta get ready for our 1st dive. Hope the info helps.

Back
Top Bottom