Maliko Bay with Scooters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schlackerrat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been to Maui a few times and done a bunch of shore dives from Honolua Bay down to Ahihi Bay and this time down to Maui I'm determined to do a few Scooter Dives.
I've also wanted to shore dive Maliko Bay, if the conditions are favorable! But I'm wondering if a Guided Scooter Dive there would be doable, even if there was a minor surge?
Any information on this particular bay, or point in the direction of someone who would know, would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Get ahold of scubahawk27 on these forums. He has 4 scooters and knows were to go. He and his wife are great fun people to go diving with. I'm sure he will chim in on this. My last 3 trips to Maui I went with them, the best of times.

Steve E.

I've been to Maui a few times and done a bunch of shore dives from Honolua Bay down to Ahihi Bay and this time down to Maui I'm determined to do a few Scooter Dives.
I've also wanted to shore dive Maliko Bay, if the conditions are favorable! But I'm wondering if a Guided Scooter Dive there would be doable, even if there was a minor surge?
Any information on this particular bay, or point in the direction of someone who would know, would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Thats my bck yard! We love scooter diving there. It does have to be done before about Sept or at the latested October before the big waves roll in. It is amazing though. You can walk down the ramp and it is easy access. Timing is critical. If it is raining up country the small creek can privide run off which murks up the bay. But if its good with scooters we can go all the way to the right see the anchors hang a left and go a bit out to am under water hill that is about 60' of water. Coming back to the left side of the bay on the way back we can hit the really cool areas where blue corral and large boulders with lots of marine life. I have seen the largest lobsters ever ther out in the open. It was like they kneew it wasnt lobster season. We have been in some heavy surge on the left so depending on your scooter skills we can make that decision that day based on conditions. We have had the surge push us backwards with the scooters on full speed. That only happened one day though. PM me if your interested. Like I said Moliko is all about timing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom