Man of wars invade Islamorada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were planning on going out today. I called a few shops and the MOWs are still angry lol. Staying home

Miami Beach - yesterday we had PMOW on the surface and so many countless Nettle jellys from 10' - 30'. It was like dodging bullets on the safety stop. Then the crew hosed us off before they let us back on the boat.

In a full suit, hood and gloves they still got by cheeks! Good thing the dive was worth it.

I went out on Diversity yesterday with Cap'n Tony and the PMOW were choking the Boca Inlet.
The farther we got from the inlet the thinner they got. Nobody took a hit blessedly, but the Jellies/Nettles/PMOW kept it interesting.
Also...we saw something very new to me.."Bubble Snails"!

Chug
Likes escargot.

I'm supposed to take my visiting mother-in-law for her first-ever snorkeling trip today. We're booked on SeaXP. It may end up being a pretty boat ride. Hopefully if the karma is right she'll at least get to see a turtle!

Monday follow up.

The good news:
We did the snorkel trip this morning with SeaXP. We were right off Fort Lauderdale beach in approx 20 ft. I saw 3-4 MOW's on the ride out but none (and no jellies) while in the water. Viz was so-so and it was a bit sporty.

The bad news:
As soon as we got in, mother-in-law freaked and immediately got back on the boat.

Oh well. At least it was a nice day to be on the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom