Mango Inn, Utila shore diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Janene

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We want a place with shore diving. Mango Inn doesn't mention shore diving so we asssume it's not part of the package. Does anyone know of a place on Utila that might be better than Mango Inn?
FYI, we were in Roatan at Fantasy Island several months ago. The reefs were not in the greatest shape and there was a predominence of juvenile fish but the number of dives we were able to do over the week helped make up for the fact that there will need to be some years of recovery before it regains a spectacular status. Plus the resort was pleasant, the food good and the price was right. Oh yeah, we got to swim with whale sharks on my birthday! :D

Laguna Beach Resort has shore diving and will give you a fresh tank if you want to do a "drop-off" dive on the way in from the boat dives. It's a medium-length distance swim from the reef to the shore entry/exit point.

IMO the diving is better from Utila than Roatan, although I'm sure that others will disagree. I do think the water quality at Roatan has decreased in tandem with the build-up of condos and McMansions on the island.

Hi there....

Try Deep Blue Resort as they offer unlimited shore diving with a very good house reef.

tvictory:
I do think the water quality at Roatan has decreased in tandem with the build-up of condos and McMansions on the island.

Your dead right there. What was one of the best dive sites in Roatan Mandy's Eel Garden has been devestated by the development of condos etc in West Bay - particularly the new infinity bay resort. If they start to enforce some sort of urban planning and environmental impact studies soon, we won't have a reef left!

Janene:
We want a place with shore diving. Mango Inn doesn't mention shore diving so we asssume it's not part of the package. Does anyone know of a place on Utila that might be better than Mango Inn?
FYI, we were in Roatan at Fantasy Island several months ago. The reefs were not in the greatest shape and there was a predominence of juvenile fish but the number of dives we were able to do over the week helped make up for the fact that there will need to be some years of recovery before it regains a spectacular status. Plus the resort was pleasant, the food good and the price was right. Oh yeah, we got to swim with whale sharks on my birthday! :D

Deep Blue Resort located on the beach right at several dive sites.

Laguna Beach Resort not too far from Deep Blue Resort. Both ar excellent choices.

Mango Inn is located in town a considerable walk from the dive operator they use. Also no shore diving.

Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom