Mares Abyss question(s)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Proton looks nice, but I don't think Mares is offering the Dacor reg trade up deal with that one.
Thanks for that Mares link about the VAD system Falco.
So the Abyss it is. And a Sea Cure mouthpiece.
Now I have to decide on whether Scubatoys or an LDS just across the river is going to sell me one.

Thalassamania, I read a little about those ruby seats. I'd read where a couple of them got chipped somehow and caused a leaking problem. Has that problem been corrected?

Oh, and Lavasurfer, I'm not really into the all black ninja diverdude look.:wink:
It was the little hood scoop looking thing that was bugging me (just a little).

Any of you guys routing your second stage hose under your arm, considering the 1st stage port orientation?

If I were you I'd go for the LDS, speak to somebody in person, at least you're nearby then, believe me, I speak from experience when I say it's a pain in the arse when you mail order a reg and it's faulty.

Thanks AJ, I was thinking the same way. Just having somebody close by is important.
OTOH, I have heard zero complaints about Scubatoys.
As far as the possibility of a faulty reg from a factory defect, I'd have a serious problem with that. Especially life support equipment. I'm QA in a fighter jet factory.
Nothing gets over the fence that hasn't been very thoroughly inspected, and repeatedly tested.
I'd like to think that Mares thinks the same way with their products.

Just bought the Abyss from scubatoys.com and will try it out this weekend. I was sold on its reviews and reliability record.

Will changing the mouth piece void the warranty?

Thanks,

Arizona

Arizona:
Just bought the Abyss from scubatoys.com and will try it out this weekend. I was sold on its reviews and reliability record.

Will changing the mouth piece void the warranty?

Thanks,

Arizona

Ya, I wouldn't do it!

OK Seriously, No! Its OK and considered normal use. keep the original in your save a dive kit just in case you ever need it. I have a Scubapro something or other on my Ice. It has a nice bite area but I still get jaw fatigue. I have a slight TMJ so I am going to try the seacure next trip and see what thats like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom