Mares Abyss service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greg Barlow:
I have found that Mares, and Phil Mintz especially, are as top notch as you will find when it comes to service issues. I've had personal contact with Phil, and he is a real credit to the industry.

Totally agree! My experience so far with him and the Mares Service Dept has been nothing but stellar.

Greg Barlow:
I've serviced many Abyss regs, and can tell you that it is most likely an adjustment issue of the second stage. I set Abyss regs to have a cracking effort of 1.25". This offers great breathing characteristics, and avoids free flow issues from the case orientation in the normal swimming position. Also, I set the IP at 135-140psi, and this typically works splendidly with Mares regs

It is time to look for another tech..

Yeah...at this point I have absolutely no faith in the tech. Both first and second stages were serviced, and only he know what "actually" was serviced and how it was done. It could very well be a second stage adjustment issue... or it could also be a case of bad servicing :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom