Mares Puck temperature is wrong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beediving

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I have an old Mares Puck computer and I think the temperature is wrong. Is there a way to fix this? I'm home and the heating is set to 21C and the Puck is saying 24C. Thank you for your help!

Hi, I have an old Mares Puck computer and I think the temperature is wrong. Is there a way to fix this? I'm home and the heating is set to 21C and the Puck is saying 24C. Thank you for your help!
Dive computers aren't precise scientific temperature reading devices. You should expect some variations within their specs limits.

My 0ceanic puck bottom timer shows about 5 to 7 degrees Fahrenheit colder than an analog needle thermometer on my underwater gauges. Monterey California water is close to 50 Farenhght. So when it is showing 45 Fahrenheit, I know it is off. Final comparison, my sort of standard is a mercury long glass with etched markings in Celsius. So I converted to Fahrenheit and the needle thermometer is fairly close. My refrigerator though being a needle thermometer was way off like 10 degrees Fahrenheit colder reading. I resorted to using it out side on a branch on my orange tree. I know to just add 10 degrees. For a frig that would possibly lead you to believe the frig is safe to use, so that was a concern to use it elsewhere or throw it out. The comparisons to the glass mercury thermometer I do in a bucket. Too easy to break otherwise. Brewing beer and checking temperature is what it was for. The digital thermometer for the kitchen is quite accurate, but I would trust checking a comparison to the mercury thermometer once an a while. Not much can wear out like springs and electronics in that type!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom