Married & Certified all in a week!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

debpope

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I'm new to the boards. My name's Debbie and I'm from NJ. My husband and I were married on October 30, 2004. November 2, 3, 4 we did our OW certification in Riviera Maya Mexico while on our Honeymoon. We took the course with Dive Aventuras. They were a great shop! We had both done the resort course a few times on other trips and loved diving which is why we wanted to get certified. Some people told us the course will be a joke if we do it away from home in the Caribbean. Well it was FAR from a joke. It was so much harder than we ever anticipated (and we were glad because we learned a ton). Each day we were in the classroom for 4 hours, then in the pool for 2-3 hours, then did 2 dives (and doing skills, etc) in open water. Then we had about 3 hours of home work per night! Yes, we did homework on our honeymoon!!! On day 3 we completed the course and our required dives & skills and became certified!

We were in Mexico for 2 weeks so we were able to do some more diving aside from the course. We dove in a brackish estuary at our resort which was really unique! COLD freshwater on the surface and saltwater that was like bathwater on the bottom. There we saw baraccuda, grouper, freshwater fish and got to swim through a few caves!

We also did a few more ocean dives. We went to 65 feet, 60 feet and 45 feet on different dives. We saw a lot of sea turtles, two sharks, great corals, arrow crabs and a variety of other fish and critters.

I'm so happy to now be a part of your diving community and the message boards!

Debbie
Certified & married for less than a month! :D

congrats and congrats
welcome, i've only been on here for a few days but, it seems like a friendly place, welcome :wink:

Wow!!!! Getting married and having the honeymoon of a lifetime.
Welcome to the bright side of life and coming to the wonderful world of diving.
Sounds like You and your husband had a Great Honeymoon, what a way to start a new life off.

Welcome to the Board and feel free to ask ant questions that pop up.

The best to both of you.

Dive Safely

Joe :rock_band :bandsmlz: :partytime

Greetings and Gratz all the way around..pull up a chair and enjoy yourselves !

Welcome to SB.

I've been certified for years. Got my OW certification in June 2004.

Greetings and congratulations. My how honeymoons have changed.

Woo Hoo!! Congrats on getting the wedding!! And of course, Congrats on getting certified! What a wonderful week for you!

We are so happy to have you here... every diver has something to share, so we can't wait to hear from you!

If you have any questions or problems along the way, or you just want to chat, send me a PM (Thats a private message, it will give you the option to send me one when you click on my user name over there <------)

Have fun, and safe diving!

Kayla :dazzler1:

Double congratuations to you and yours!!! Welcome to this board. Any pics of the underworld?

Sounds like you had not only a great honeymoon, but an awesome introduction to diving. Welcome and congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom