Marsa Alam- experience anyone ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndyT:
Finally found the URL for the operator http://www.knight-c.demon.co.uk/pisceshome.htm

Any experience / comments ?

Safe Diving

Andrew

Seems to be a traditional egyptian liveaboard, which normally offers good value diving along the coast. This is, however, not a boat that can take you to the off shore reefs like Deadalus and Brothers. But you can still access Elphinstone which offers similar diving, but is situated compararatively near the coast. For Dedalus and Brothers you will need a bigger, preferably steel hulled, twin engine ship ... a lot more expensive. Be careful with fresh water, as it doesn't seem to have a water maker ... According to my experiences, for some reason, the food is always excellent on these 'simple' boats.

Make sure to grab a good spot on sundeck (or in the saloon) every evening, as you can forget sleeping in the cabin (no AC in august - it's in the northern hemisphere, remember).

have a nice trip

christian

Thanks for the tips - some things to bear in mind .They have offered bottled drinking water and soft drinks incluive in the price.

Safe Diving

Andrew

AndyT:
Thanks for the tips - some things to bear in mind .They have offered bottled drinking water and soft drinks incluive in the price.

Safe Diving

Andrew

Free drinking water and soda is the normal package. Drink a lot. Dehydration is a very common problem among liveaboard divers in this region in the summer months. I try to drink 2-3 litres of water every day.

The fresh water I had in mind when I said to take it bit easy, was the 6000 litres, or 500 L per person/week, for showering, rinsing cameras and also for the kitchen to use. Especially if you have women onboard (I might get some heat for this) the captain usually gathers the guests on day 3 or 4 and explain that you're almost out of fresh water ...

/christian

Now I get it ! - thanks for the info .

Safe Diving

Andrew

Christian:
According to my experiences, for some reason, the food is always excellent on these 'simple' boats.

Yeah, this is true. Maybe becasue on the simple boat the cook cooks simple but traditional food.
:D
Christian:
Especially if you have women onboard (I might get some heat for this) the captain usually gathers the guests on day 3 or 4 and explain that you're almost out of fresh water ...

It' becaue we take shower at least 2 times a day...And this makes us human being that men have a looong way to reach this step of evolution????
:monkeydan
Just kidding - but you asked for this Chritian, didn't you?
Mania

mania:
Yeah, this is true. Maybe becasue on the simple boat the cook cooks simple but traditional food.
:D

It' becaue we take shower at least 2 times a day...And this makes us human being that men have a looong way to reach this step of evolution????
:monkeydan
Just kidding - but you asked for this Chritian, didn't you?
Mania

I confess, sometimes I've used my ration to rinse my UW-camera instead of showering :wink:

/c

Christian:
Seems to be a traditional egyptian liveaboard, which normally offers good value diving along the coast. This is, however, not a boat that can take you to the off shore reefs like Deadalus and Brothers. But you can still access Elphinstone which offers similar diving, but is situated compararatively near the coast. For Dedalus and Brothers you will need a bigger, preferably steel hulled, twin engine ship ... a lot more expensive. Be careful with fresh water, as it doesn't seem to have a water maker ... According to my experiences, for some reason, the food is always excellent on these 'simple' boats.

Make sure to grab a good spot on sundeck (or in the saloon) every evening, as you can forget sleeping in the cabin (no AC in august - it's in the northern hemisphere, remember).

have a nice trip

christian

Agree. It is a 22 m boat, wooden hull. You better try St. Jones.

Christian:
Really? I always thought it was somewhere on the coast. I've dived Aby Dabbab a few times and never realised it was the place ...

/c

As far as I remember, you can dive Abu Dabbab from the coast as well. 2 dives there; one shallow (7 meters or something) and the other much deeper. The shallow one is the one where you can spot the dugong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom