Mask ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YJSONLY

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have used my buddies Scuba Pro Scout... and to be honest the first real mask besides Walmart masks.... I love the Scout but I was also looking at the framless or a fullface by Scuba pro too.... My question is what benefit will I have if any between the two? And for those who have used both do they fit similar....

Ive never used the full face or the scout, but the frameless is my favorite mask of any I've ever had or used. Wicked comfortable, low volume and great field of vision. On the downside it is expensive, there was a posting on here a while back about a similar frameless mask that people have used and found it to be comparable to the scubapro for much less.

You don't know if other masks in the Scubapro line even fit your face.

A mask has to fit. This is very much a trial and error process. Forget about brand names, mask models, colors, and price. Try on all of the masks that the scuba shop has on its walls. The mask should remain on your face with a slight sniff through your nose and without putting the mask strap behind your head. Bear in mind that the mask has to fit while a regulator mouthpiece is in your mouth. On account of this, you might want to bring a mouthpiece with you and use it while you try on masks. Then, make a list of the masks that seem to fit.

Once you've done this research, you can consider price, color, low volume, strap options, warranty, prescription lens availability, etc. Select a mask that fits your budget and needs.

The true test will be taking the mask on a real-world dive.

Once you find a mask that works for you...buy another one as a backup. Then, assuming that you properly maintain and care for your mask, you should be set for a number of years.

FWIW, I've never spent more than $40 on a dive mask. A mask that fits doesn't necessarily have to be expensive.

I know the mask is about 70 at my local shop but I have found online for like 35...I dove in the scout like 4 dives...

I use the Scout as a back- up mask (carry it in my drysuit pocket) because it is collapsible like a frameless, it fits nicely. Not sure why you would want a full face mask, it is most suited for cold water or contaminated water diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom