Master Divers Koh Tao, Tec Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

levergun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Howdy,
Looking for feedback about Master Divers Tech Training, and Tec Liveaboards.
Anyone take their Tec 40, 45, 50, or 65 classes?
How is their gear, condition?
What did you like best about the classes.

If you have went on a Tech Liveaboard how was it?
What did you like best? Least?
If you dove tri mix how much was a tank fill for Helium?
thanx
rg

I'm a bit biased , I used to run Master Divers and owned MV Trident, the tec liveaboard you're probably referring to.

Tec courses at MD are run by a very experienced tec diver, Wilco. Gear is high quality and in good condition.

Courses are now run locally around the island because the Trident has now been de-commissioned and sunk as a dive site.

For a tec a live-aboard trip, the replacement boat , MV Giamani, operates from koh Tao in July.

for details. TechThailand - Technical Diving Thailand | Trimix CCR Dive, Wreck Training.

I used to charge 3 THB/litre for helium. It's never cheap! Allow about $100 per dive. You'll only need He on the live-aboard trips, dives around Koh Tao are 50m max.

There are many tec outfits on the island, if I were you I'd certainly enquire and research on the web, but wait until you arrive on the island and meet your team before you commit.

Get trained and then join a tec liveaboard trip, techthailand run regular trips instil sept

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom