Maui County Delivers Final Blow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a critical interest in this in that I serve on the groups that have been putting in place West Hawaii's Voluntary Standards for:

SCUBA and Snorkeling

Shoreline Activities

Wildlife Interactions

General Boating

We have followed the things that are going on an Maui with great concern.

If you think that it is alright for someone to trash the folks on Maui without ever offering a viable alternative except for some vague hand waving in the direction of "unconstitutional" and who styles himself an expert on constitutional law but can't even come up with the Amendment that might provide relief ... that's your business. I admit that I have trouble suffering fools gladly, especially when their sitting on their butts criticizing the folks who are carrying the ball.

I have a critical interest in this in that I serve on the groups that have been putting in place West Hawaii's Voluntary Standards for:

SCUBA and Snorkeling

Shoreline Activities

Wildlife Interactions

General Boating

We have followed the things that are going on an Maui with great concern.

If you think that it is alright for someone to trash the folks on Maui without ever offering a viable alternative except for some vague hand waving in the direction of "unconstitutional" and who styles himself an expert on constitutional law but can't even come up with the Amendment that might provide relief ... that's your business. I admit that I have trouble suffering fools gladly, especially when their sitting on their butts criticizing the folks who are carrying the ball.
Sorry, Thal. I didn't mean to minimize that -- and understand (hopefully by the "thanks" I've given to your posts here) that I'm seeing your side. I just meant that it was amusing that the two parties "bickering" were ones that aren't directly, immediately affected by this.

I also thought it was funny that Marco was taking it out on Doug (et al.) thanks to your comments. I don't think he understands that you aren't part of the Maui crew that is needing to deal with this post haste.

Like they say, "if your not part of the solution, you're part of the problem," a messeage he doesn't seem to get.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Let us not make this a personal issue. Keep your posts on topic and if you want personal contact, send them a PM.

what did i mean by you people? "you people" means exactly that. you people that live on maui that have been letting the maui county ram it to you, while "they" or if you perfer "them people" get fat off the cream. all of "you people" who have set there for years with that be humble no grumble mentality, that allow crooks to run your local government. you people that have set still while them people found new and improved was to work you over. you people who, now that you find something of yours threatened by that same corruption to exist for so long,now want to start crying about the very same local government that you people allowed to exist for so long to do what ever they wanted. you people that dont care about anything unless it affects your life. you people who are equally responsible for the local government to evolve into the greedy little monster it has become. you people that elect the same crooked people at every election then want to cry about the results. is that clear enough for you. dont think i can get any clearer than that. reality is sometimes an ugly thing but the reality of all is you people are responsible for what is happening there. because you did nothing and have done nothing to put an end to it long time ago. I tried to help "you people" long time ago simply because I love diving and i hate when the government is sticking to the people so they can line their own pockets. and you can bet thats all this is about. kidspot even suggested you people should contact me. did anyone? nope. theres a post here from me suggesting more dive community Unity. did you people show any interest in that? no. so basically you could say "you people means :all those on maui within the dive community thats about to get it rammed to them by an all to familar face. "them people"

do you need a definition of them people to?

Increase the Peace!

.....ok group hugs over. them people. we all know them people, the people that use positions of power and of authority for personal gain or favor. those who use the trust given to them by the community.they are the worst of our kind, feeding their greed at the expense of the poor. by poor i mean any household thats struggling to make ends meet. if this is you, I got some bad news. "we are all poor" but we push on and its like harder we try the greedier they get. dah. its because we have let it go on for so long, we have sooooo many things that are more important, til we realize : damn Im getting rammed again. while them people are laughing all the way to the bank.

want to know how badly things have gotten on oahu? we have among the highest homeless rate in the nation yet the state of hawaii owns 6 Municipal Golf Courses? think thats bad? watch this pay attention now test later, I will bet anyone here that within the next five years some private organization will be running at least one of them. cause all of a sudden they are losing money. thats how them people operate. man dont get me started its a very touchy subject and thats why i get so mad when i see it happening. and in this case i hated knowing what was going to happen so actually i had stopped following it.

Well Black, I see your pain. It's nice to see that you've calmed down. Don't attack us (the people you referred to as 'you people') because of the politics and system here. We vote and attend meetings and do what we can to fight the issue but apparently there are more voters out there with other agendas. Don't get mad and laugh at us because you think that we are ignoring your advice. Just because you can spell constitution and use it in a sentence doesn't mean that you are an expert on the subject. Stop pushing and forcing your point on us. We read your posts and sometimes they make sense. This issue is much more complicated than thinking that it'll be solved by just saying, "..use the constitution...". Also, you must have other personal issues if you have to attack other divers and business owners who are worried about their passion and livelihood just to make you feel better about yourself. Calm down man!

well all I can say is take all the info you guys have and get it to the local ACLU office. I personally wouldnt know what to expect from them but in most mainland states thats where you go to get help on an issue like this. personally I would try to send it someone on the mainland. theres a really great law school in sacramento mac gregory i think or something like that.and another in berkley. and they are always involved in the ACLU dont think it matters too much if your from out of state. the people at berkley are or was great they were the key help in a major federal case against the california department of corrections in the early 80s that greatly changed the animalistic conditions in folsom and san quentin prisons. 75 percent of the people working on that case were either law students or convicts. and for those that dont know ACLU stands for "American Civil Liberties Union". that was all a very long time ago wouldnt know what to expect these days, as the world has changed and there really dont seem to be lot of crusaders anymore but if you want legal help that would or should be your best bet unless you guys got dream team money. basically the aclu is or used to be the poor peoples/working class peoples help.

Back
Top Bottom