Maui Dive Shop boat sink[ing]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geez...impressive video, nicely done.

amazing. I am surprised they sunk it right there.

But then, we did dump a billion gallons of raw sewage into the ocean. This is not so bad...

catherine, the sinking was not on purpase. it was an accident. should be pulled out in the next few days, hopefully. probably need a salvage company from your neck of the woods.

ben,
mahalo.
trv 900 & navigator.
aloha

MAUI DIVER:
catherine, the sinking was not on purpase. it was an accident. should be pulled out in the next few days, hopefully. probably need a salvage company from your neck of the woods.

ben,
mahalo.
trv 900 & navigator.
aloha
Ben: are you saying that it was *not* the Coast Guard that compromised the hull and caused the (complete) sinking at that location?

I recognize that the initial filling of water could have been called an accident (or perhaps "unintentional" is a better word), but I understood that the final sinking was done by the CG.

nope, thats Maui Diver to you kris.

you need to check your references......

don't believe everything you read.

why don't you go down to the shop or even the harbor and ask the MDS divers what happened so that you can let everybody else know whats going on in Maui waters.

not even a 100 dives...geez...no need to see your profile.

aloha

Wow... great video!

I'm sure that captain isn't gonna get another call to drive anytime soon.

mahalo fishboy....
ya ... I agree. captain might be selling activities soon.

anyways, keep an eye out for that jaguar shark....

aloha.

MAUI DIVER:
nope, thats Maui Diver to you kris.

you need to check your references......

don't believe everything you read.

why don't you go down to the shop or even the harbor and ask the MDS divers what happened so that you can let everybody else know whats going on in Maui waters.

not even a 100 dives...geez...no need to see your profile.

aloha
Ok, fine... perhaps we'll just say "Aldo or Dino Tassara".

I'm not sure why you wanted to start a flame war with the # of dives. Anyone that claims the number of dives you do also calls into question crediblity: 4500 dives here in 10 years?!? That's *averaging* 1.23 dives *HERE* per day... do you never get too sick to dive? Do you never go off-island? I know many dive instructors that don't even come close to that for averages.

Remember: practice doesn't make perfect -- practice makes permanent, and given the hubris you are exuding here (especially with your only training being an OW cert), I'm not too keen on going diving with you, nor believing anything you say to be remotely truthful and unbiased.

The sources I have had in this incident have been very reliable -- and given the junk that the owner of MDS was *quoted* as saying in the Maui News, I would say my source is more reliable than the MDS staffers who are certainly spinning the propaganda in a way that makes it less serious to their owner.

wow....i'd say you won't make it another year here on Maui with that attitude.
just calling it the way I see it, that's all. nothing personal.
and there are 2 days a week I dive 4 tanks.
oh, did i say 4500, i meant 3500...so whats the difference.
let me know when you get to 500 dives and maybe we'll talk some more.
see you in the water.
aloha & goodnight.

Thanks for sharing the video. Kai Anela looks pretty safe and secure as she sits there. No leaking oils or fluids are evident in the video and it looks like the boat has been stripped clean. Should be fairly easy to get her back topside, cleaned up and running again. I had heard it was much deeper, like 90' or so. There is no good reason I can think of to leave that boat on the bottom, it's gonna see more diving in the near future.

I must say, I'm getting a good laugh out of the banter going on here. As far as you two guys arguing over logged dives goes, if you actually log them like you say you do, there should be no descrepancy as to the actual number of dives you have made. I have heard so many dive pros claim they have made 3,000 or 5,000 or 10,000 dives...Do the math and it gets really unbelievable. You want to brag about your bottom time? Show me your damn logbook, that's all I have to say.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom