Maui in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For charters, the three most recommended ops are B&B, Ed Robinson's, and Mike Severns. For shore diving, you can either contact someone like Shaka Doug or Maui Dreams both specializing in shore diving in S. Maui, or you can pick up a dive magazine from Maui Dive shop which shows many of the shore dives on island.

Kidspot is SB's official Maui representative and often dives with folks if you give him a shout.

As DM stated you can't go wrong with B&B Scuba. Doug also does a great job and seems to always leave a smile on his customers faces.

I'm partial to Maui Dreams myself, they have a storefront which makes it a little easier for gear and tank rentals.

As for boat dives, I don't much care for Ed Robinson's... PM me for details.

Send me a PM when the time gets closer, and I'd love to go diving with you!

kidspot:
Here's the best write up I've seen on Maui Dive ops so far:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=2003813&postcount=48

Aloha, Tim
That is a decent review but it puts Mike Severns at the top of the heap. Since I don't care for 30 minute dive briefings that operation is very low on my list. I just want to get in the water and have fun :)

I have to agree with Al. We've never gone with Mike Severns due hearing about the overly extensive fish tutorial that is given prior to each dive.

Thanks for the info on shore dives, looking for some boat operators and dive sites that rock.

Considering the cathedrials and of course Molokini. Will have two snorklers with us so their needs have to be taken into account

T

Tombo92551:
Thanks for the info on shore dives, looking for some boat operators and dive sites that rock.

Considering the cathedrials and of course Molokini. Will have two snorklers with us so their needs have to be taken into account

T
Having snorkelers around reduced your options for *great* boat dive ops... it would almost be advised to plan to separate for the day, and send them on a good snorkel-only boat, while you go on a good dive-only boat.

Some of the good dive boats will take snorkelers, but the price is very high compared to the usual snorkelling rates.

I went diving in Maui October last year as well.... Loved it.... We had 78 degree bottom temps and 86 degree surface temps... My first diving ever with warm waters. Wore a 3mm suit and was great.... I did the dives with Lahaina Divers through the ship.... I wasn't comfortable enough to dive on my own..... I liked that they were very professional, very safety conscious. But it was alot like a cattle boat... Heck, it was a cattle boat... We had 6 people in our group and there were several groups... I think a total of 8-9 DM's on board. And snorkelers too...... Which KrisB is right about... Snorkelers limit where you can go.. I would dive them again, but book them privately to get a smaller group......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom