Maui/other than diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Puka Dogs Rock!

Puka Dogs Rock!

Are they on Maui as well, their web site says Oahu and Kuai only?

I second Tim's recommendation for the Haleakala Sunrise - but you have to get up realllyyy early. Can also combine it with the bike ride down - we didn't so I don't know how that is. But you pass a lot of people doing it so it must be pretty fun.

We also did the West Maui helicopter tour. And flew over a dormant volcano also - not sure which one. A lot of the waterfalls you see are inaccessible by road/trail. We did a vertical drop alongside one, kind of reminded you of Jurassic Park. 1/2 way down probably 200' vertical feet above the pool there were 2 goats eating. Didn't seem too surprised to see us either. I think there was also a longer (pricier) flight that includes Molokai.

The Maui Ocean Center is definitely worth a look. You can dive in the shark tank. "Hey we went to Maui and dove with Tigers" - just forget to mention the size...LOL. Or dive with their big brothers...:D Recent Incidents

Parasailing off Kaanapali, sailing on the Trilogy cat (or others) Trilogy goes over to Lanai, you'll likely see dolphins and maybe the end of the Humpback migration - not sure when that is.

If you're golfers, any of the Wailea courses (esp. the Gold) or the Kapalua Bay course.

The Brunch at the Grand Wailea resort. Ask for an outside table...

oh yeah, how could I forget the helicopter tour. That rocked.

West Maui Bikes!

Great rides in lahaina area and along ocean.

A plus top carbon fibre rentals.

West Maui Cycles! (the shop)

Great rides in Lahaina area and along ocean.

A plus top carbon fibre rentals.

The helicopter ride was great - in fact we may have seen those same goats that SJSPECK saw !

We also did 2 different horseback rides. One was down into Haleakala crater. I'd never "driven thru clouds" so I was awed while still in the car. While on horseback kept feeling super light misting on my skin which my husband had to remind was the clouds again - another small thrill for me. The horsetrail is very thin and you can't really converse with anyone due to the tail/nose formation. We then dismounted down in the crater and had a picnic lunch. Hardest part was us 2 city-folk getting back on the horse for the ride out. Also read somewhere where you can rent a cottage and stay overnight, tho we didn't do that much.

The other horseback ride we did that we enjoyed more was in the Upcountry. The ride was great and you could actually talk and share all the moments because you could go side by side. To be on horseback, see a herd of cattle, and the ocean all in one view is pretty cool !

We also did a tour thru one of the flower plantations and that was nice.

Enjoy !!!

Hey ! I forgot to mention a great deal we found for Maui (and some of the other islands even). It's the AOA Gold Card. It cost us $30, it was good for a year (so we got 2 runs out of 1 card), and it gives you an opportunity to sign up for some 2-fer-1 deals, as well as lots of discounts for other services and restaurants. On our first trip we did a helicopter ride, a lava cave tour, the submarine excursion, and a luau, all 4 at 2-fer-1 cost. So on one trip alone we paid $30 and saved well over $500. Here's the link: Hawaii Gold Card - Save on Hawaii activities with an Activity and Attractions Assoc. Goldcard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom