Maui Shore Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it's Lahaina then I'd go to Airport beach for a little dive. Showers, lawn, great parking and of course a reef shallow enough for snorklers and yet deep enough for divers to enjoy.

If you dive Black Rock, get there as early as possible (before 10am for sure) and you'll avoid most of the snorkelers. It's also a good night dive, so you could put that on your agenda too. :wink:

We stayed in Lahaina and I would recommend Extended Horizons there. use them first and they will point out the good shore dives.

I did a two tank with Ed Robinson and they were great. Hope you get Captain Bird. Reef's end at Molikini was fantastic (lots of sharks), the back wall was good too. have talked to others who dove there and they did not see thing, but my day was maybe the best dive ever,,,,ok so far.

no problem getting there for the 6:30. only crazy divers and surfers around at that time. took 15 to 20 min. but as there is only one road, any blockage can turn that into unlimited, so leave plenty of time.

Black Rock in my opinion. The night dive is a must do , eagle rays,lionfish,and some nive 4' congor eels as well as lobsters ;P
I might get blasted but I personally like maui dive shop, I have found them always helpful and a nice selection of gear for the tourist.I picked up a really nice mesh backpack last year.They have always had time for any questions I had. I would stop by and ask if Adam VanCleve (sp) still works there, he was my my instructor for my AOW and is very laid back.

I know you asked about shore dives but really look into diving the cathidrals in Lanai.

Charlie99:
You don't enjoy sneaking up underneath snorklers and purging your reg? :wink:
Amazing how loud they can scream

Though parking is hit or miss and there are no facilities nearby, it is right next to the road and cant be missed. Wonderful place for both snorkelers and divers. We saw several turtles there and a HUGE Moray (we named him Murray and he was in the same corral head on three seperate occasions...pic was taken with cheap flash disposable). There is a nice underwater wall on the right side of the bay that is easy for snorkelers to explore.

Closer to Lahaina, we like Honolua. Access isnt the best...there is some parking along the road and you have to walk about 100 yards on an easy path through the trees...but it's worth the trouble. Shallow reefs on both sides of the bay, deeper water in the middle. Can get murky after a rain and can have heavy surf over the reefs at some times during the year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom