Maui, where to stay for two days??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bnkysgrl

Registered
Reaction score
We are only going to be there for two days before moving on to the big isle. We are wondering where to stay(Lahaina, Kihie??) and if anyone could recommend an inexpensive but nice B&B or something?? There will be couples, and only two of us are divers (who of course want to go to the cethedrals or Molokini crater). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Look in Maui News for vacation rentals. Kehei has more night life but I think Lahaina is nicer.

We will only be on Maui for two days, where should we plan on stationing to be able to dive?
Any recommended operators on Maui??

B&Bs are in there. Last trip back to Maui I went with Ed Robinson. Other than the DM being a little cranky it was a great operation. Maui Dive Shop has always been good to me too.

Unless you really enjoy boat trips over rough water, you'll be driving to one or the other end of the island since Molokini and Lanai diving are at far ends of the west side. I have been out with 4 different boat ops so far (B&B, Maui Dive Shop, Maui Daimond II & Extended horizons) and have not found a bad crew yet. Some ops you'll be more likely to have a boatload of new divers, or at least infrequent ones (Lahaina Divers and Maui Dive Shop in particular) but frequently the DM's just send buddy teams up the anchor line when they hit 800 psi and continue the dive with everyone else, so it's not a big deal. Even when I dove the back wall last time the DM just sent folks up at varying intervals to be picked up by the boat when their air ran low.

Have a great trip to Maui

Aloha, Tim

Wildcard:
Look in Maui News for vacation rentals. Kehei has more night life but I think Lahaina is nicer.
Wildcard: I think you have that backwards -- Kihei is nicer but Lahaina has the nightlife...

It really depends on what a person is looking for, that's for sure!

Personally I think the best "night life" is up at the crater - all the stars, a thermos full of hot cocoa and a camera with remote shutter release and solid tripod - beautiful, especially during a meteor shower... best star gazing in the country... and very few people around, so it's quiet too.

KrisB:
Wildcard: I think you have that backwards -- Kihei is nicer but Lahaina has the nightlife...

It really depends on what a person is looking for, that's for sure!
What would I know, I only lived there.

Back
Top Bottom