MAY 18, 2015! Lets dive the Jetty in Destin or over in Panama City Beach.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice reef structure.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 72
yep, one flag is enough.

FL boater do not have to have a license or any sort of training. I estimate that at least 50% have no idea what a dive flag means & many consider one to be something to turn against, similar to a quarter horse running a barrel race.

but we have to use them any way.

There's some event. The west end and beach were pretty packed. Camping at the park was full. Now it drizzling, so I'm glad the park was full. Now to bring in my gear and recheck it.

Well, we tried. Practical viz was less than arms length. You could technically see farther that that but it didn't matter, you couldn't tell what you were looking at. or if it was actually anything at all.

Inside the kiddie pool the water looked tannic. The viz there was so bad that everything looked fuzzy & out of focus, even just trying to read my gauges or look at my hand. That went away on the channel side of the rocks but we couldn't stay together.

Thumbed it & we went out for lunch. Still too much runoff from the recent rains still mucking things up.

I was lost. Found. Lost again. All in four minutes. My hand found the sea urchins on the bottom before I saw them.

Right now I'm in financial recovery mode. The car took about $1000 to prep for the road trip for tires, timing belt, etc. The three week trip was about $2000. Car insurance and condo fees hit for another $1000, plus I lost out on two weeks pay while on vacation.

Right now I'm vaguely seeing diving somewhere in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom