May 20th thru 22nd Higgins Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtxl1200

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A few of us from the GLWC are heading up to dive Higgins Lake this weekend. I will be spending Friday thru Sunday up there. I will be staying at the North Higgins Lake State Park. Come on up and join us. One thing I would like to mention As of right now as far as we know the scuba shack A.K.A. Air shack is closed so bring extra tanks if you want to do more dives then what tanks you own.

Bummer! Sounds like fun but I'm booked. Should be a wonderful weekend, though. Episode III on Friday night. & a couple buddies are getting married on Saturday. The wedding is in the Old Mariners Church of Detroit and the reception at Greenfield Village. Just have to decide if I want to get up Sunday morning and head down to Whitestar with some of the ushers and other guests.

Have fun!
Paula

Hi,

I am in for the weekend. But I will join you on Saturday after lunch somewhen. I will plan for 3 dives = 3 tanks? if this is worth doing (1 night dive!). What about the tent sites? Can two parties use one tent site with two tents? Usually this works but ...

Dilldapp

gtxl1200:
A few of us from the GLWC are heading up to dive Higgins Lake this weekend. I will be spending Friday thru Sunday up there. I will be staying at the North Higgins Lake State Park. Come on up and join us. One thing I would like to mention As of right now as far as we know the scuba shack A.K.A. Air shack is closed so bring extra tanks if you want to do more dives then what tanks you own.

dilldapp:
Hi,

I am in for the weekend. But I will join you on Saturday after lunch somewhen. I will plan for 3 dives = 3 tanks? if this is worth doing (1 night dive!). What about the tent sites? Can two parties use one tent site with two tents? Usually this works but ...

Dilldapp
go to this web site and see what there policies are Michigan State Parks I dont usually pay to much attention to that stuff when making reservations. I know I always seem to see 2 sometime 3 tents on 1 site or see camper and two tents or any combination therof. I know I will probably start to be looking elsewhere for future outings in the Bunkhouse. State parks are getting a little pricey for what you get 22 bucks a night just for electric. I can pay less then that and get full hook ups water, electric, and sewer.

A NIght Dive is a must I have never dove Higgins at night I want to and we will this time.

Tiny Bubbles:
Ted as of right now I'm planning on coming up with the family late Friday & staying through Sunday.

-Ray
Ray,
Are you bringing your Jet boat? I'm bringing the Jetskiis for after dive and surface interval Fun.

Also to Add I'm staying at the North state park East, site number 152

Hi Ted,
I plan on coming on up on Saturday morning. I can probably be up there by 9:30am or so.

I will bring all 4 of my tanks Ted. How many do you have?

Looking forward to jumping in the lake again.

Talk to you later,

gtxl1200:
Ray,
Are you bringing your Jet boat? I'm bringing the Jetskiis for after dive and surface interval Fun.

Also to Add I'm staying at the North state park East, site number 152

No, I'm not planning on bringing the jet boat this time. Maybe next time...

-Ray

It sounds like I will be up there this weekend as well. The wife will see the doctor this week to confirm. I have to help the father-in-law set the dock for the raft on Saturday, but should be able to do some diving up there this weekend. We have a cabin in the Amvets section just West of the State Park.

Mitten Diver

I reserved site # 151 (next door to Ted) for 2 tents Saturday & Sunday nights. So someone can share the site with us if they want to reduce the cost. Don't forget there's also a $24 annual vehicle fee and a $2 reservation fee on top of the camping fees... I'm in the wrong business. I should open a campground.

I'm bringing 5 tanks.

-Ray

Back
Top Bottom