Maybe DEMA should thumb their upcoming Dive Fest in Ft Lauderdale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I am planning to be at the meeting tonight with Elena, Howard and Megan. I was told you need to register for it ahead of time, so here is the link: DEMA Meeting I hope to see you there!

As far as I know, neither Sherri Daye or Cerich will be able to make it due to their schedules and the lateness of the announcement. Sherri is shooting a TV show about Spearfishing in NC and Cerich is teaching a class in Georgia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete,
How about talking to them ( DEMA) about doing in water DEMOS and things that really would bring people to DEMA....Gear like BC's, bp/wings, fins and cool innovations like Thermolution electic heated shirts for wetsuits....are all PERFECT for bringing large numbers of divers into a DEMO ....Yes, they need a big pool, but they could work with one of the large Pool Builders in the area for massive support on this--for advertising trade off.

This show needs "something" that will draw divers to it. Gear Demos and Florida Destination Opportunities are the obvious Highlights that need to be utilized. I am not planning on attending tonight, but if you agree, I am sure you could be an awsome advocate for the DEMO concept.

So, because I have had all of an hours notice to attend this meeting, and I leave for charter tonight, does that make me a DEMA member who doesn't care if his voice is heard? What a bunch of BS. I am surely a stakeholder in the South Florida dive scene. Maybe not as big as some, but it's not chicken scratch either. Feeling a bit disenfranchised here.....

So, because I have had all of an hours notice to attend this meeting, and I leave for charter tonight, does that make me a DEMA member who doesn't care if his voice is heard? What a bunch of BS. I am surely a stakeholder in the South Florida dive scene. Maybe not as big as some, but it's not chicken scratch either. Feeling a bit disenfranchised here.....

Send your ideas that you would say yourself, to Pete, and let him be your PROXY !

Send your ideas that you would say yourself, to Pete, and let him be your PROXY !
I don't have a problem with this. They might... but I don't. :D

I believe that DEMA doesn't allow proxy voting. Otherwise we unwashed masses would give some ne'er do well our proxy and have DEMA taken over in short order.... But to be honest, I haven't reviewed the bylaws. DEMA reminds me of the Congress, a little.....

Netdoc graciously offered to read any comments I would like to make. Try as I might...well why? Between the less than a weeks "notice", registration and general crap that the association that is supposed to represent us...

Honestly I'm torn, I "want" them to see how wrong this is on a very basic level and cancel the show and fly straight,knowing that won't happen I find myself just wanting to move forward and forget about it.

Personally I think it would be a riot to have Pete get up and speak for 20 of us.....Pete could add that each has a position that DEMA should hear... He could add that each feels DEMA has been so un-responsive to the opinions of the members, that they prefer Pete representing them , allowing each to spend their time productively.

There are 21 people here at the meeting...Four of us are from ScubaBoard. Tom hs handed out a Press Release stating that no "Life Support" gear can be sold. Tom told me at the start that 25 people signed up.

Tom suggested that this will NOT be a dive show, but a show marketed to other industries.

The new name is Water, Sports and Travel Festival.

Back
Top Bottom