Mermaids Internship in Thailand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, Mermaids is sponsor of DiversJobs, 3 days before Aquanauts call me asking me to brake my deal with Mermaids. They told me that: Everyone has it's price...

MMM :wink: don't you remember that Bob??? Don't you remember calling me at my oofice last november? Or the emails asking me for money if you drop the registration of diversjobs.net ...

Buy hey! For sure I'm lying.... :D For sure that is all lies...

anyway, I'm not going to continue this discussion... the topic of the Board was "Mermaids Internship in Thailand?" It seems you are the one that came to hijack the Thread....

I was thinking of doing a course in Thailand and have done a fair bit of research. It is clear to me that the whole marketplace has gone money hungry and overtly competitive. I don't want the "free steak knives" approach. I want quality training. Quality accommodation so that I can study and sleep. And....a variety of diving without too many condition related delays.

The comments in this thread by some of the deliverers supports my view. High risk, low quality.

i've had a mixed bag of experiences with Pattaya dive centres.. it all comes down to what you are looking for.. choose carefully. I can happily comment (in private) and make recommendations and suggestions seeing as I went through the whole pattaya process myself. happy diving :)

High risk, low quality.
As all over the world, there is a big difference in the quality of diving centers.
You mention Thailand, but don't forget that Thailand has a lot of diving areas, some are known for good, high quality training, others have a lesser reputation.

Whatever yoiu do, make your choice carefully, because in areas that have a good reputation it is always possible to get bad training, and vice versa.

Hey Anthony, how's life back in the UK?

Milk Tray Man?

milktrayman:
i've had a mixed bag of experiences with Pattaya dive centres.. it all comes down to what you are looking for.. choose carefully. I can happily comment (in private) and make recommendations and suggestions seeing as I went through the whole pattaya process myself. happy diving :)

I just left Thailand, avoid the place, bit of anti-American sentiment there that realy turned me off, not to mention how the Thai government ripped me off and the diving is horrible to just average. If you think you are getting a good deal by going to Thailand, don't believe it. PM me if you want more details.

Fabulous:
I was thinking of doing a course in Thailand and have done a fair bit of research. It is clear to me that the whole marketplace has gone money hungry and overtly competitive. I don't want the "free steak knives" approach. I want quality training. Quality accommodation so that I can study and sleep. And....a variety of diving without too many condition related delays.

The comments in this thread by some of the deliverers supports my view. High risk, low quality.

Sorry to hear this Fabulous but please don't let what you have read or seen on this thread be of any example to you of Thailand's entire Diving Industry. There are many operators in Thailand who do actually offer top quality diver education and do not need to use this medium for slating competitors nor to display conceit or blatant self promotion. Obviously there are those who do not. This happens all over the world.

Many parts of Thailand can offer you top quality education in a top quality environement. Perhaps you need to do more research?

Wishing you all the best with your future plans Fabulous, as working in the Industry anywhere in the world can be extremely rewarding. But for me, I am happy to say, in Thailand. :)

Just avoid any padi CDC (career devlopment centers) diving in thailand, and you would be fine. They are actually a business center :rofl3:

Aquanauts Pattaya:
Hey Anthony, how's life back in the UK?

Milk Tray Man?

Hi there Bob,

London is great... i'll be back in Thailand again soon :D

Diver_City Boys:
Just avoid any padi CDC (career devlopment centers) diving in thailand, and you would be fine. They are actually a business center :rofl3:

Did I miss something here? What excludes one from the other?

Back
Top Bottom