Metridium Fields on Saturday 1/29/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a SD870IS as well. You won't get images as sharp as a DSLR, but it certainly performs well and has suited me for over 100 dives. Great video!

We used my Faber LP85's to set the white balance. Vis could have been over 40 ft, very clear and bright - which helped.

As I told you last night... a great first effort Kathy. See all the comments!

I've never been a big fan of Fabers, but I think you just increased their appeal in my mind!

Wow very nice Kathy
You managed to make the Breakwater look tropical!

Thanks for sharing that video, I really enjoyed watching it. Were you lighting that nettle while you chased and filmed it? I can barely handle composing a shot on the fly.

-lowviz

Thanks for sharing that video, I really enjoyed watching it. Were you lighting that nettle while you chased and filmed it? I can barely handle composing a shot on the fly.

-lowviz

Yup (and holding good trim & keeping an eye on my buddy :)). Lots of fun multitasking :).

I really love my 21W HID primary with a Goodman lighthead handle. It makes holding and point the light pretty much a non-issue.

Thanks for all the kind comments :)

Very nice, Kathy!

The vis you had appears better than I've ever seen out there! NICE!

It was amazing AND we had it entirely to ourselves. 40ft vis was quite a conservative estimate. it could have easily been more.

Aww I missed out.

Great video!

And we missed you Ken :). Hope you feel better!

Much as I would have loved to be fun diving in those conditions, I have to say that doing our checkout dives in great vis and basically no surge on Saturday was much more enjoyable than what we went through on Sunday. :)

We also dove there on Saturday. I was amazing....Jellyfish Parade at the Metridium Fields

Thank for sharing Kathy!
Very nice, Kathy!

The vis you had appears better than I've ever seen out there! NICE!
Once we saw the Metridiums from the pipe. According to Bruce it is around a 70 feet gap.

Now if those darn jellies would just go away.

Back
Top Bottom