Metridium Fields on Saturday 1/29/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for posting it, Kathy!

It was an amazing day for diving.

Yes and it only made the day more amazing to be diving with a great buddy like you :).

cool video! thanks for sharing. I was there last weekend but the viz was only about 15-20ft. (if that) so didn't bother with video. (and 3 degrees cooler) Have to try it agin next time I'm out there.

15-20 ft is a good day normally! This was exceptional!

I so envy you! Even worst day at BW probably beats my local quarry dive! However on the flip side at least it is diving :)

Oh Iztok,

I keep inviting you to move west and join our fun!! Maybe someday you will :)!

Nice video Kathy.

Great visibility on that day.

Thanks.

Did you get a chance to dive on Sat?

Kathy,

I am so impressed by your video; I like the music you placed and how you captured all the glory of the pipe leading up to the prize, the Metridium Fields...

Just an excellent job and it makes me miss so much my Canon SD800is. But I have a B-day on the way and have requested a new Canon that has HD...

I hope to dive with you soon so I might appear in your footage, hoping that we continue to have this Tropical diving...

Just smashing, kudos....

MG

p.s I knew it was just a matter of time before you would start show casing your dives. You take everything with good stride, you are a very safe diver and it shows in your dives... Never biting more than you can chew... :)

Thanks for the kind words :). I kinda doubt I'll be show casing any more dives till some of the jiggles stop - that is unless I run into something incredible that I just have to share - like a whale or another day at BW with 40ft vis :).

Hope you get your wish for a bday present!!

Wow, super video and 40 ft vis wow. So since it's not always 40 ft vis, what is the sure fire way to find the Metridium Fields? I know to follow the Big pipe (20-24 in dia) to the end, from there I've been told head due north. Anything better or is that it? I know it's somewhere between 50 -70 ft from end of pipe to the fields. Again great video!

... what is the sure fire way to find the Metridium Fields? I know to follow the Big pipe (20-24 in dia) to the end, from there I've been told head due north. Anything better or is that it? ...

Hi!

Yup, pretty much just follow the BIG pipe. You can kick out and line yourself with Reeside Ave and drop (if you drop early and south of the big pipe, you'll see other pipes, but they are smaller) swim north and you'll find the big pipe, follow it to the end and then swim on 0 degrees. With good visibility you'll see the metridiums pretty soon. Enjoy!

And yeah, Kathy did a great job with the video :popcorn:

nice video,
I hope to get the same awesome visibility for my next dive !:D

Nice Video, Kathy... and I didn't even notice the wobblyness. :D

nice video,
I hope to get the same awesome visibility for my next dive !:D

Thanks! Rummor has it that vis is pretty nice right now - you might get lucky on Saturday!

Back
Top Bottom