Metridium Fields on Saturday 1/29/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank for sharing Kathy!

Once we saw the Metridiums from the pipe. According to Bruce it is around a 70 feet gap.

Now if those darn jellies would just go away.

70ft? Nice! We didn't kick far from the pipe before seeing the fields, so I'd guess 40ft is fair.

There were not many nettles - they just added to the beauty :).

You know its a good day when you can see the white haze of the metridiums from the pipe. I've only seen that one or two times. Glad you were able to catch such clear conditions on video.

Great video Kathy! I can always tell when a video is made with a Canon P&S, they have a very distinctive, pleasing UW mode that brings out realistic, non-oversaturated colors.

It's been several years since I've had tremendous vis at the metridium fields, it becomes such a different dive when you can see all of the various metridium patches from one another.

Much as I would have loved to be fun diving in those conditions, I have to say that doing our checkout dives in great vis and basically no surge on Saturday was much more enjoyable than what we went through on Sunday. :)

I agree! Congrats again :D!!

We also dove there on Saturday. I was amazing....Jellyfish Parade at the Metridium Fields

Glad to hear we aren't the only ones who enjoyed the good vis!

Parade of Jellyfish and a couple of sealions who swooped down before I could aim the camera! Fantastic!!

It's been several years since I've had tremendous vis at the metridium fields, it becomes such a different dive when you can see all of the various metridium patches from one another.

I had no idea there were so many patches - one just led to the next!!

VERY nice!

I really enjoyed diving there on Saturday. The vis was stunning and the metridiums were glowing.

super cool. I hope my first dives this spring can compare to that video.

I hope so too!!!

But this was exceptional vis... It's the first time I've seen it this nice in hundreds of dives here!

Good luck with your OW class, keep diving and I'm sure someday you will get this lucky with vis :)!

I hope so too!!!

But this was exceptional vis... It's the first time I've seen it this nice in hundreds of dives here!

Good luck with your OW class, keep diving and I'm sure someday you will get this lucky with vis :)!

It actually happened to me during my OW class. On my 3rd checkout dive, we could look down from the surface and see our assistant instructor at the end of the Big Pipe with complete clarity before we descended, even though he was 45 feet below us. Got me believing visibility was usually that good, but I learned different in a hurry! I've only seen it that good at BW maybe twice since.

Guy

Kathy,

I am so impressed by your video; I like the music you placed and how you captured all the glory of the pipe leading up to the prize, the Metridium Fields...

Just an excellent job and it makes me miss so much my Canon SD800is. But I have a B-day on the way and have requested a new Canon that has HD...

I hope to dive with you soon so I might appear in your footage, hoping that we continue to have this Tropical diving...

Just smashing, kudos....

MG

p.s I knew it was just a matter of time before you would start show casing your dives. You take everything with good stride, you are a very safe diver and it shows in your dives... Never biting more than you can chew... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom