Miami diver bitten by bull shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love how the shark they pictured is a Great White. Let's really scare them!

I heard the shark is headed south to Key Largo eat all of the snorkelers on the critter feed. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Sound the alert in Vancouver to close the beaches

Help me out here...

Matherson Hammock is off of Old Cutler Road, on the West side of the Bay, right?

They reported they were 20 miles away in 30ft of water, yet they were able to make the return trip in a CC boat, what looks like 20ft of less, with a 150hp engine in 25minutes?

My buddy has a similar boat and the fastest we've ever been is 48mph and that was with glass smooth water!

Is this just poor reporting or am I missing something?

Poor reporting is much more common in SoFla than shark attacks are.

Poor reporting is much more common in SoFla than shark attacks are.

I was surprised that NBC6 was the worst as far as sensationalism. I figured Channel 7 (If it bleeds it leads) would be the worst.
From the NBC6 article
Witnesses said the shark flew out of the water and attacked theman, who was spear fishing at the time.
Holy crap flying sharks!!!!!

However, if it happend the way it is reported, Wouldn't it be a foolish move to shoot a barracuda in the presence of a bull shark?:confused:

I've yet to shoot a fish in the known presence of a bull shark or any reef shark. But they have a way of coming in out of nowhere once a fish is hit. It's amazing how fast they are.

I've yet to shoot a fish in the known presence of a bull shark or any reef shark. But they have a way of coming in out of nowhere once a fish is hit. It's amazing how fast they are.

From what I've heard, the ones in Jupiter Florida come when they hear spearguns discharge.

It is not uncommon to shoot fish in the presence of sharks. The 60lb cobia I shot was following a nurse when I shot it.
Yes you can eat barracuda, (smaller ones) it is great deep fried. People from South American preferr it to other species.
In Jupiter the sharks do come looking when you shoot, hit or MISS!
The guy only made two real mistakes, he shot around a hungry, agressive shark and he didnt control his catch very well. He should have held it much closer to his body or sent it up on a lift bag. (as they do in Jupiter)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom