Military Jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
History.com playing on the MSN homepage shows what are purported to be SEALS exiting an airplane and the fins sure look like Jets. Interesting clip about the soldier keeping his head and clearing a tangled chute on a low altitude jump. N

When I was in, we were issued Jet fins (could be different now). However, if someone wanted to use something different, nobody cared. They would just have to buy it themselves.

History.com playing on the MSN homepage shows what are purported to be SEALS exiting an airplane and the fins sure look like Jets. Interesting clip about the soldier keeping his head and clearing a tangled chute on a low altitude jump. N

Looks like besides Jet Fins, that some folks use Split Fins and Force Fins also,
as noted in this pictures of SpecOps going out the back of a C-130

hires_071003-F-5957S-181.jpg

Cool...when I was in the military, I worked on jets...F-4, F-100, F-15 :)

Thanks for the pix,

couv

The video I saw had only Jets that I could make out, my interest was simply the video, not what every possible SEAL team may or may not use. I am not sure that the video is even real. Unfortunately, for me, a video or a picture is not proof of anything, interesting, but not proof. If President Reagan got out of a flying saucer with Elvis singing Viva Las Vegas I would not believe it till I had a DNA proof, if even then.

Apparently, if the pics and videos are to be believed either the SEAL teams have never heard that Force Fins are no good or that split fins are no good in current. I wonder how they "fly." I wonder if the SEAL guys can do helicopeter turns in free fall with Force Fins? Do you think silting is a concern?

N

just FYI.... the above pic I posted I think was SpecOps out of Eglin and not Seals..

think they are going into Choctowachee (sp?) bay near Eglin. (from the site I downloaded from long ago... assuming that info was correct).

from zooming in on the original (3200x2100dpi) it appears that other guys falling away from the plane are all wearing Force Fins also...

I guess the debate will continue onwards....

fins2.gif

If President Reagan got out of a flying saucer with Elvis singing Viva Las Vegas I would not believe it till I had a DNA proof, if even then.
Funny thing Nem, I ran into Elvis just tonight at the local BP station and he was telling me that he didn't believe in you! :rofl3:

Yes, but after buying me several beers in a bar in NC, Elvis did confirm to me that he wears Jet Fins.

Actually, while we are on the subject of Elvis, at Roswell there is a red Sabreliner jet out by the old quanset hut in the middle of the field. The red Sabreliner has TCB on the side. I approached the quanset hut and asked if I might look around. I was told no. I went back, so, you think you had a drink with Elvis do you, lol, Viva Las Vegas baby!

N

Back
Top Bottom