Millbrook - Saturday, October 19 - 8:30 am - Beach 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Ken,

Yeah... I was thinking along similar lines -- I have a new wet suit and mostly wanted to get in the water to weight/trim myself with an AL80 before the class.

I'll probably crash in or around DC Friday and Satruday night. I have a friend in Alexandria who wants to haul me to a party Sat night. (Probably won't take too much urging :wink:

Matt

I have a friend in Alexandria who wants to haul me to a party Sat night. (Probably won't take too much urging
Will I stand a better chance with the ladies in my turtles or jets?

I'm really not looking forward to having to wear a snorkle for this rescue class. Especially considering I don't own one, and don't really want to buy one.

Anybody have a snorkle they aren't using this weekend I could borrow? :wink:

I think the party is in Alexandria but I still need to get directions & find someplace to crash.

Hee... Turtles with Rock boots. Definitely. Of course... You could always use the jet fins as 2 extra cups!!!

Snorkel? Is that the long tube thing? Isn’t that the thing you’re supposed to carry in your gear bag incase the boat requires one? Yeah, I think I have one of those somewhere. If I can find it tonight, you can use it.

Yep one of those things! Now I just need to find some inventive way to attach it to myself so I don't have to wear it on my mask!

Sigh... I should have a pocket soon. I stopped at 2 dive shops yesterday looking for one and couldn't find it!

I stopped at 2 dive shops yesterday looking for one and couldn't find it!
Order from FifthD...they have the right pockets, they are easy to attach, and they are pretty cheap (like $30).

O-Ring,

How well do the pockets attach to wetsuits? It seems like you would have to glue the pocket on while you were wearing the wetsuit to make sure the material was appropriately stretched.

Mike

I have one glued on my Henderson 5mm. What I did was put the suit on, hold the pocket where I wanted it, have someone (my g/f) trace around it with lipstick (we didn't have any chalk), and then take the suit off and follow these directions:

Necessary Tools: chalk, small brush, small roller

Recommended Adhesive: McNett Seal Cement

1. Don suit and hold pocket in desired location. (Recommended placement is on outer-thigh to keep the pockets out of the flow)

2. Use chalk to outline the desired location for pocket.

3. Remove suit and place on a hard flat surface.

4. Apply first coat of Seal Cement around outer one-inch strip on both the suit and the pocket.

5. Allow the adhesive to get tacky for about ten minutes and then apply a second coat.

6. Allow the adhesive to dry until tacky, for about ten minutes, and then apply a third coat.

7. Again allow the adhesive to dry until tacky, about ten minutes.

8. Place the pocket on the suit in the exact location desired. (Make sure it’s correct since it will not move easily at this point)

9. Use the roller to roll the pocket on the suit.

10. Allow drying for at least 24 hours before diving.

Mine is still on there really good and I have about 60-70 dives on it since I attached it. I used the black McNett's...it blends in with the suit better and it doesn't look as bad as the clear stuff... Also, I cut a piece of stuff cardboard from a box that was a little larger than the width of the leg of the suit and stuffed it in the leg to hold the material taut while attaching the pocket and while drying.

Back
Top Bottom