Mindanao December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh and just so you know, I'm not a World Renown scientist or diver so my oppinion is worth nothing...

Yeah, we're just two preachy Canadian dudes over the internet....what the hell are we preaching again??? :)

But obviously the next time I'm talking to David Suzuki, I'm gonna ask him how many dives he has and declare that I'm waaay smarter than him!... :wink:

Yeah, we're just two preachy Canadian dudes over the internet....

Yeah, but at least we're AWESOME divers! They're not!!!! :kiss2: Hey, when you're talking to David next time ask him if he wants to be AWESOME... I'm sure he'll jump on the occasion...

Oh, by the way, I'm goign to stop responding to these posts in order to try to help get the original subject back on track... Diving in Mindanao...

It sure was fun though...:rofl3:

Hi gang this great, I love this game. You guys are more entertaining than the three way on line circle jerk tboxcar and wwd and me had. But its not about intellegence, I know you guys are smarter than me. Its just about how far peoples heads are up theirs. Kumbaya!

I would love to get back into 'this fight' but I have enough 'dramas' going on here at the ski resort, enjoying a cold beer and talking to friends, waiting for snow, this man-made stuff does not 'cut it'. Carry on JR

Paul has good location for the Kamanga Coal Plant threatening the marine protected area. Maasim reef is very nice for coral and marine life at the moment, so good time to go before the area is finished.

The further sites along the coast (Kiamba and Maitum) are best dived with John Heitz and Chris Dearne who actually go there and know the area/sites well.

Sarangani (East) is plagued by those who like to destroy reefs. Beaches are good though.

A little late, but I still wanted to give a first hand experience as well. We stayed at South Point divers last August for a week and we had a wonderful time. It is a great location with excellent diving and a great staff. We arrived just after a typhoon hit the area hard (which is not common), so visibility was not as good as it should have been. There were still plenty of waves at the front side, so it was also not always easy to get to the boat. Nevertheless, dives were still very good with sightings of Napoleon wrasses, bumphead parrot fishes, turtles,... The military camp was already there but we did not see anything of this. During our stay, we also took a trip to lake Sebu in South Cotabato via public transport, returning late evening to Lemlunay. We have never felt unconfortable in any way and we will surely go back another time, hopefully when the weather conditions will be better.

Some pictures:

The waves hitting the cliffs at Lemlunay:
IMG_1462.JPG

Ready to get going:
IMG_1514.JPG

Jumping in the water to get back to the shore:
IMG_1546.JPG

Joel (the DM) and myself:
IMG_1550.JPG

The staff & the kids:
IMG_1563.JPG

The staff, Paul's pa & the kids:
IMG_1566.JPG

Time to leave back to the airport:
IMG_1569.JPG

@Lake Sebu:
IMG_1491.JPG

@Lake Sebu:
IMG_1492.JPG

@The T'Boli visitor Centre:
IMG_1484.JPG

Last edited:
good day to all. i just read all six pages of this thread. whew. a lot of issues being discussed.

well i wont comment about the issues. but i can comment about the diving which is always great.

keep on diving. wherever you may be.

But its not about intellegence

Thank God for that, eh?

BTW Mike, don't you love it when Chip leaps aboard his pristine white steed, fiery blade raised aloft, galloping towards the assembled ranks of the online idiocy; a warrior clad in eye-blindingly sparkling armour, dazzling in the midday sun as he manfully soldiers on in his crusade to rid the world of hypocrisy, stupidity and silly people.

It's all a bit
pounditupdated.gif

The things you post to get me out of the woodworks... :) Power plant projects are so last year. Dive boats vs. faulty media reports are the new hot topic!

Back
Top Bottom