mini-lobster season question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's the skinny. I would prefer if you went further South :eyebrow: just sayin :blinking: Marathon is a great place but I would not travel from Key West up to do it. Go out of Key West. or stay in Marathon.

If your going to rent a boat/gear best you do it way before mini season or you find you don't have anything to rent.

People start booking next month for Mini season

And I caught what you left behind.

I totally forgot. Chip and Brian are 100% correct. The lobstering in Broward is lousy. You wouldn't even see a broken antennae here. Move along.

(Sorry Becka!!!!)

Deepstops and I caught all of the Broward/Palm Beach lobsters last year, there are none left.

I can see this picture. All the lobsters walking in there lines for miles to get to Broward to find a sign that says STOP your to far north turn around and go back to the Keys for Mini Season. Ordered by the law of ONESPEED ,Deepstops and DebbyDiver. :rofl3:
Lets see whats wrong with this picture. We get all the stupid little lobsters and you get all the big bad arss lobsters up your way who are ready to take you guys on.. Am I seeing this right:rofl3:

Lobsters? What Lobsters? I don't see no stinkin' lobsters 'round here. :rofl3:

I can see this picture. All the lobsters walking in there lines for miles to get to Broward to find a sign that says STOP your to far north turn around and go back to the Keys for Mini Season. Ordered by the law of ONESPEED ,Deepstops and DebbyDiver. :rofl3:
Lets see whats wrong with this picture. We get all the stupid little lobsters and you get all the big bad arss lobsters up your way who are ready to take you guys on.. Am I seeing this right:rofl3:
Now, you get it!

Stay in Key West and just get a boat there and head out of KW. You have so much area out there that people have not even touched heading West toward the Marqueses Keys and Boca Grande. Even a mile West of the Sand Key Lighthouse is great areas because it is not dove by the commercial dive operators and you have much more clean reef with prolific life on it than East of the lighthouse.

If you have questions, or need a guide, please drop me a message. I know the waters very well, and know what areas to go and not to go to. BUT there is never any guarantee of Lobster anywhere. Last season was HORRIBLE, and we are hoping the abundance of shorts will have grown legal in the past year.

Speargirl-- The truth is out... Everyone knows the better lobstering is in the Keys! Actually because of the warmer climate the lobster in the Keys was sweeter meat, they grow bigger, and the lobsters move slower making them easier to catch.

With all the recent bullshark attacks in Broward I would not venture into that water... much safer to go to the keys.

I also heard someone who knows a marine science teacher say all sewage discharge from Broward has made the lobsters poisoness.

It is just not safe catching lobster in Broward.. defintely go to the Keys..

Speargirl-- The truth is out... Everyone knows the better lobstering is in the Keys! Actually because of the warmer climate the lobster in the Keys was sweeter meat, they grow bigger, and the lobsters move slower making them easier to catch.

With all the recent bullshark attacks in Broward I would not venture into that water... much safer to go to the keys.

I also heard someone who knows a marine science teacher say all sewage discharge from Broward has made the lobsters poisoness.

It is just not safe catching lobster in Broward.. defintely go to the Keys..

:shakehead: I'm doomed I tell ya doomed :rofl3::rofl3: But on a serous note if your looking to lobster here in the keys you might want o take a look at this.
It's a all in one guide:
Spearfishing in the Florida Keys

I will also have our boat in the water and ready if anyone wants to go out :eyebrow:
Becky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom