Minimum Nitrox age

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveblondy:
... they accept what you say at face value – not much questioning you why – they accept it because that's what you said.
I dont remember this. It seemed like that was about the time my intelligence level went drastically down. For 3 years I had 5 teens in the house. Now you all know why I look so old. It's the battle scars from the teenage years. :confused:

Just kidding, sounds to me like you have a fine young diver of which I am sure you are very proud. I think you are in the best position to know whether his is ready for nitrox. I say go for it.

Willie

wet-willie:
For 3 years I had 5 teens in the house. Now you all know why I look so old. It's the battle scars from the teenage years. :confused:
Willie

Yea Willie... Remember back when we were Young and Beautiful ?

Wow... That was long ago...

Now we have to be content with just being Beautiful :wink:

Be Cheerfull though 'cause things are looking up.
I saw a guy last week and he gets to carry a brushed finish AL30
pony bottle of O2 around all the time. He was in the drug store picking up his male enhancement medications so he's at least 15 years old I think.
He was wearing a full face mask with presciption lenses and a complete digital communication system in it as well. It was way trick !!
He told me that Medicare paid for the whole thing too !!

We should cash in on this loop hole before they close it :)

I got my first senior discount the other day at a local restaurant. I am trying to talk my LDS into a senior discount policy. :)

Willie

EAN21 is available at any age. I would suggest air tables with that...

I couldn't find it in a search, but not too long ago there was a thread about someone who had put his son through a NAUI nitrox course and when the LDS put through the cert, found out his son was too young for the cert. I remember someone posting a link about the higher oxygen concentrations and growth being an issue. If some agencies are now offering nitrox certs to 12 year olds, I'd like to see the studies that state it's safe. I don't know if it's really an issue, but if there's any doubt, better to be safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom