Mmmm...Beer - Little Cayman Beach Resort & Cayman Brac Beach Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd say if you see algae taking the place where the coral was, then the coral had possibly died from the high temps, sctld....<insert reason here> as Algae won't grow on living coral only dead areas where the coral was living.

Thanks for all the feedback! Sadly it when I booked LC i always wonder if it will be the last time because of the state of the reefs in the Caribbean :( I nearly didn't go this year (will be in Philippines for a few couple in April/May) but decided I should do LC again because who knows when SCTLD is going to hit it hard....and I didn't want to wait until say October.

I did book Cuba for November but I kind of regret it incase the temps raise up really high again this year (which based on what your saying there is a good possibility)....I wanted to knock that trip out as well.

I'd say if you see algae taking the place where the coral was, then the coral had possibly died from the high temps, sctld....<insert reason here> as Algae won't grow on living coral only dead areas where the coral was living.

Thanks for all the feedback! Sadly it when I booked LC i always wonder if it will be the last time because of the state of the reefs in the Caribbean :( I nearly didn't go this year (will be in Philippines for a few couple in April/May) but decided I should do LC again because who knows when SCTLD is going to hit it hard....and I didn't want to wait until say October.

I did book Cuba for November but I kind of regret it incase the temps raise up really high again this year (which based on what your saying there is a good possibility)....I wanted to knock that trip out as well.
I do love the LC Beach Resort. Staff is great, valet diving is nice, walls are still awesome. So trip is not a total waste but it is pretty shocking the state the coral is in. We hadn’t been here before but have been all over the Caribbean and many places in the South Pacific. Never seen anything this damaged before.

We were at CBBR last week and are currently at LCBR.
Since you're currently on-site, what's the answer to the original question in this thread? (Price of local beer at the bars at these two properties). Surely you're drinking them to drown your sorrows.

Since you're currently on-site, what's the answer to the original question in this thread? (Price of local beer at the bars at these two properties). Surely you're drinking them to drown your sorrows.

Attachments

• IMG_3258.jpeg
    IMG_3258.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 45
Finally an answer to the OPs original question. Thanks.

I'll be at LCBR from April 25 thru May 3 and will do my best to report on conditions.

Cayman Brac Reef Resort Tipsy Turtle
1711902077762.jpeg
As noted prices are in CI and don’t include the service charge.

Back
Top Bottom