Monastery tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for posting that, TS&M. I have wanted to see what 'Mortuary Beach' entries looked like, as I gather it's rather infamous. I don't know whether I'll ever make it out to California, much less shore dive there, but I'm curious about it.

Richard.

gehysygu.jpg

Crazy today (Friday), not so much as a ripple. But wind is projected to really pick up. On beach hopper for lobo dive Sunday, will see how that goes :p.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent advice as usual! I think I'll wait for a guided dive on a day with a better outlook. Seems like the consensus is that Sunday isn't looking good. Thanks again!

I agree on the second two, Max. From my personal experience, I would view the first photograph with a great deal of suspicion.

And they were within minutes of each other! That's Merry walking in front of the water. We made a pretty mellow dive on the south end of the beach, swimming out a long way on the surface. On the way back in underwater we felt the surge pick up, so we exited near the rocks to avoid as much surf as possible. Even with less than two feet surf it was a bit of an effort to walk out. If we hadn't had our cameras with us I would have crawled.

---------- Post added June 29th, 2014 at 06:21 AM ----------

There is actually a very helpful sign near the restrooms on the south end with some fine tips on what to be aware of.
Sign1.jpg

IMG_8184.jpg

Back
Top Bottom