Monterey 2/17-2/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last Saturday was fantastic. I did my AOW at Mcabee beach and had a great time. Vis was about 40 and waves were flat the whole day.

I'd be interested in going out Monday if conditions are ok.

fc_summary.png

Well, I don't dive on Sundays anyway but looks like the swells climbing up on Sunday and into the Monday holiday. I'm just going to be there on Saturday, 8:00am on the Monterey Express and then probably hang around at Breakwater at 1:30ish and may go diving with Renpirate and Luvnthelife if they are avaliable.

Another strong possibility is I hope Silver Prince has a 1:30 charter I might jump on that but I called yesterday and the latest is 12pm plus the 7am is booked full. Given that Monterey Express returns about 1:30pm, Silver Prince will be long gone.

If conditions are as good as last Saturday, I am up for Monestery!

Sorry Jim, I have an AOW class the following weekend up on the North Coast. We'll dive together one of these days!

Hmmm, Monestery, haven't been there, lets go for it. I'll pm you if you don't mind me tagging along and good thing is I'm no longer a air hogger.

I will be at the Breakwater at 1pm to check conditions. So if anyone wants to meet me there, I will be at the steps. If the conditions are really favorable, I would like to hit Monestery.

I am going o play it by ear still as to whether to do a boat dive on Sunday.

Conditions at the Breakwater were pretty good today. I guess everybody else had a change of plans, because I missed everybody. No worries, I did two nice dives at the Breakwater and took lots of pictures. I decided against the boat dive on Sunday due to the forcasts, so I may try and do shore dives tomorrow. If anyone wants to go tomorrow, shoot me a pm tonight.

Hey Andy I was there too. There's a lot of divers doing thier check out dive in there today. I tried looking for you but I thought you headed out to monestery.

Monday doesn't look good. :confused: :confused: :confused: Looks like I gotta call the Beach hopper 2 people and see if thats a good thing because the swells just looks nasty on Monday.

As for meeting at Breakwater, Luvnthelife couldn't make it because she had to clean the Silver Prince. So I headed down to Breakwater and didn't see the Pirate banner nor the Northcoast diver group. So I just went home.

fc_summary.png

Sorry to miss you Roy. I was at the head of the steps from 12:45-1:15 and was wearing a cap with a pirate banner. Our whole group will be there at 9am on March 17th. See you there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom